that girl

The date yesterday was really fun. We went to the Maccie and ate and talked. He kept asking questions about my family, but I changed the subject as quick as possible. Everytime I thought that I forgot about them. About the memories. He reminds me it all over again. The way my family treated me.

And he told me that he loved me. Sadly I couldn't say it back. I am too afraid to tell him that I love him. He is going back soon. I just know it. If I would tell him that I loved him, then it would break me even more after he left.
I don't actually even know why I bottle this up inside of me. I trust him. But why can't I tell him these things then.

While I was thinking about everything I bumped into someone.

"Hey you! Watch out! The hallway is big you know. Well, now I mention it. Ofcourse you wouldn't fit here."

I was used to hearing those things. I just stood up and was about to walk away with my head hanging down. Too ashamed, too sad to look up and see this cruel and bad place.

"Take that back. Right now!"
"Oh and you are? Damn you look great by the way. My name is -."
"Do I look like I care who you are. I am Beko's teacher. Apologize to her."
"Kakashi. Don't. It is alright. Really. I don't want an apology of a pathetic perso like her. She first needs to wash her mouth with bleach." I said to Kakashi and I walked away.

I am used to it. I am not going to cry anymore.
I heard him telling her to follow him. He was probably bringing her to the principal. As if the principal cares...

The bell rang and I went to the gym. Kakashi came up to me but the girls pushed me away to get to him and they kept flirting with him. Kakashi and I made eye contact but after a while I walked past them.

*******************

Kakashi's P.O.V.

It was sunday night. Beko and I were on our date. I kept asking Beko questions about her family, because she never tells me anything about them. I want to know everything about her. Every detail. Even the smallest ones.
But she kept avoiding my questions. I saw that the more I asked her about them, the more she got quiet. It is as if the light in her eyes suddenly dimmed after I asked her personal things. That cold look in her eyes. That sadness which she buried deep inside. She may be smiling and laughing like a little kid, but I still can see that she does it with force.

I was walking down the hallway to see how Beko is doing. I was glad that I saw her, but she didn't see me. She looked as if she was way too deep in her thoughts. Until a girl bumped into her on purpose. What she said made me so mad.
I brought that girl to the principal. I saw that Beko was getting even worse with the words that pierced right through her heart. She acts like she doesn't care. That's the worst thing someone can do.
It is hard to hide sadness by using laughter.

The eye contest Beko and I had at gym was too intense. Her eyes that looked so full of life was suddenly so empty. Maybe I shouldn't have kept asking her about her personal life.

"Sir Hatake. How old are you?"
"How do you know that girl sitting over there on the benches. We heard that she helped you to get accepted to this school. The only good thing she did."
" She is so lame. She always has earphones in and shuts off the world around her. Such an emo. She is scary."
"Yeah. She is really a stupid little childish girl. You could hang out with us you know instead of that scary girl."
"Yeah why do you keep sitting next to her in the cafeteria. She isn't worth your time."
All of the girls who were surrounding me said to me while touching me. Disgusting.

"You guys are wasting my time now. And believe me. She is worth my time even more than you guys ever will. I am proud of 'that girl', because she still hasn't beat up you guys. If I were her, then I would... nevermind. As I said. You guys aren't worth my personal time. I am your teacher. So behave like my students and not my side girls." I said and told everyone to sit down.

The girls were in shock and some of them gasped at what I just said. It serves them right.

"AAALRIGHT EVERYONE TODAY WE ARE STARTING WITH RUNNING UNTIL I TELL YOU TO STOP! AAAAND START!" everyone was whining. Beko didn't say anything and started running. She was faster than the other ones and had better condition. It is obvious though. I mean, she was a fighter for Jack once.

I shook the thoughts of Jack away. I had more things I should worry of. For example, how shall I ask Beko out for the upcoming prom masquerade ball. She still looks down so I will leave her be now.

(Time skip)

"Beko! Come here. I cooked today for you two."
"MMM SENSEI YOU ARE THE BEST COOK EVER!" Naruto shouted. I patted his back and smiled at him.
"No thank you. I am tired. Goodnight you two." Beko said without looking up.
"Sensei. Is there something wrong? Why is my twin acting like that?" Naruto whispered in my ear.
"She is tired. I let them run for an hour straight. You should have seen their faces." I said.
Naruto couldn't stop laughing at the silly faces I made.

Someone walked into the house. Naruto and I looked at the door.
"Hello you two. Is beko in her room?"
"Hello, Elise. Isn't a bit too late now. I guess she is asleep already." I said.
"No she isn't asleep. She just called me and told me that she needed me. So here I am. She is in her room then. Bye guys." She waved and walked into Beko's room.

Did I go too far on our first date. Did I bring too many memories up that she rather would forget.
What have I done. The only way I can apologize is by asking her on a special way out for the prom.
I hope that she will say 'yes'.