Harder Than I Thought

There it was. Two best friends on the ground, trying to save what was left of their friendship. It touched my heart to see them like this. My knees couldn't hold on any longer and I fell on the couch. Kakashi soon stood up and held out his hand for Obito to hold. Obito slapped his hand away and got up from the ground. "I can get up by myself, Kakashi." He then stumbled backwards and Kakashi grabbed him by his arm. "Easy there, Obito. Sit down. Let me clean that wound." 

"Hn."

"Obito, did you lose your mind!?" Anger took over me when I finally took in what just had happened. "Were you really going to end your life? After that long talk we had?" Obito didn't say anything. All of this is happening for a reason. And I think I know what I have to do. 

"From now on, no more fighting, no more cursing, no more talking about negative things. I've had enough," Kakashi tried to interrupt me, but I wasn't gonna let him. "No, Kakashi. I know that it has been very hard, but you can't keep on fighting. Obito, now you know the truth about Rin. There's no need to hold a grudge on Kakashi. You told me that you were a "no one". Remember? That you "didn't want to be anyone". But you're actually just like me...  You wanted to be noticed by people and know about your existence. Killing yourself won't help."

Obito pushed Kakashi away and said "That's the past that I threw away! My naive self!" Oh how much I see myself back in him. I won't give up on him. There must be a way to convince him. "Putting a mask on or trying to end your life doesn't change anything. No matter what words you use. The fact that you are Obito Uchiha will never change!" Come on Beko think of what Naruto would've said.

"There's no meaning in that name anymore. I am not a person anymore. I'm a guide who wanted to lead people to the next level."

I walked slowly towards Obito. "No, you are Obito Uchiha. Someone just like me. You never had love from your parents. And lost someone who's precious to you. And you know what solitude is. That's why you wanted to become the Hokage and earn people's acceptance. But now... Look at yourself!"

"I can make peace a reality. If I just had died that day..."

"Is that really what you think?"

"If there were another path that was faster, with a clear end. Everyone would choose it." He was right. Damn it, why does he have to make it so hard. "What are you talking about, Obito? I don't want to know how to walk down some easy path. I want to know how to walk down the dangerous one." I regained my posture and stood tall right before him. 

"Would you still say the same thing... if they both ended at the same point?" Aaand you got me there Obito. Think Beko think! This has to come naturally! After searching for the right words I stepped even closer to him. 

"Who taught you that one path was dangerous in the beginning? You won't really know for sure until you walk down it. The Hokage is the person who walks in front of everyone and bears all the pain. Isn't becoming Hokage your dream after all? There's no such thing as an easy path for someone who wants to become a Hokage! The path you're walking down is the path of running away!" 

I put my hand on his bleeding shoulder where Kakashi accidentally stabbed him with the piece of glass when Obito tried to take his own life away. "Come over to my path, as Obito Uchiha. As the ninja of the hidden leaf."

"No. I abandoned Obito Uchiha. I'm-" I squeezed his shoulder harder which made him flinch. "Stop trying to hide yourself! Stop running and come over to our side." Obito looked down at his feet and sweat drops started to form on his forehead. "Why are you confusing me!?"

I put my hand on his chin and made him look up to me. "Kakashi and I won't abandon you. Don't betray what's really important to you...  what's still there. Deep in your heart. Whatever's connected to that... isn't you that's here right now. You're Obito Uchiha." Obito cracked a smile and he started to tear up along with his best friend, Kakashi.

"Now lets get that wound fixed." Kakashi gave him a genuine smile and the tears rolled down his cheeks. What a time to be alive. I always taught that I was born in the wrong era, but now I am just truly thankful. "I'll go get the bandage!" I hopped up and down with happiness, but soon enough the world started spinning and I fell down. Maybe it wasn't right for me to push myself that much.

A/N: Yep she's gonna live with Obito and Kakashi. Do you guys think that's going to end well?