14. Our Trust. Our Together.

Hey y'all! This is a filler chapter, so it's pretty short.

Enjoy!

Meira's POV

"So you see, we are here to help you." Thor smiled kindly. I nodded as I picked up a round fruit that Thor told me the mortals called it an orange. It had not been long since our landing, an hour at most, and I had gone with Thor to a large room in the base where the mortals delivered food to one another and sat at square tables. It was called a cafeteria, and I noticed that it was much like Dining Hall on Thorix.

Thor and I had sat away from everyone and we had been conversing quietly about all of this. We discussed my banishment, and to my surprise, Thor told me that he too had been banished once. Speaking to Thor was a relief; the people here, these mortals, are terrifying. They walk with coldness in their hearts and their eyes filled with death. Though some, are different. Like the Avengers for instance.

"I do see, my prince." I answered after a moment. Thor is not from Thorix and not of any higher power connecting to my planet, but he is Asgard's prince, and Asgard is not our equal. Thoranians know where we stand with the Asgardians; we stand at their side in battle, but we are lesser beings to them. I would be lying if I said that I was content with this.

"Please, Meira." Thor sighed. "I am a friend. No formalities needed." I was slightly taken aback at the comment, but nodded anyway. We both fell silent. My mind swarmed with the things Thor had told me. The Crystal, the very heart of Thorix's magic, is not locked away on Thorix as I had presumed, yet it hung around my neck. A sorcerer by the name of Vrukore wants my head on a stake and the Crystal to himself. The All-Seeing Heimdall cannot find him. My planet is dead.

The last of that was something I knew myself - I had told Thor of my nightmare and he tried to assure me that my people are strong and that Thorix is probably fine. We both knew however, that this was not true. I do not know how I feel about that. Thorix is all I know, my home, but instead of grief, I feel a numbness in my heart. I keep telling myself that maybe some survived, and this gives me hope. Maybe my people will live on. And, if not, then I am the last Thoranian.

"Meira," Thor's voice snapped me out of my trance, "I wanted to apologize for earlier. I did not agree with the other's plan. I did not want to hurt you or damage your trust." The poison needle. He is speaking of the needle. I looked away from his pleading eyes and at the orange I held in my hand. I sighed out of my nose. "All is forgiven my....friend." The words were small and would have meant nothing to anyone, yet Thor brightened anyhow.

"Then let us start anew," said Thor, raising his glass. He threw it to the ground without warning while shouting, "Another!" causing me to jump in my seat and give him an incredulous look. Thor had a hearty laugh that filled with cafeteria and the mortals turned to us with annoyed grimaces.

"Thor, you really need to stop doing that." a voice said from behind me. I turned my head to see the one named Tony, yet without the red and gold armor and instead strangely casual type clothing, and the one named Steve, who wore the same red, blue, and white outfit. Following not far behind, Bruce, agent Hawthorn, agent Natasha Romanoff and Clint sat down at our large table. Bruce sat down at my right and Clint sat to my left.

I instantly tensed at their rising conversations. I was not enjoying this at all, but as the minutes went by, I found myself slowly relaxing in their presence. Why should I fear them? If I am in trouble, I can take care of myself. I am a warrior. I can fight them if it comes to that. But the longer I sat with this group of strange mortals, the more I realized that it wouldn't come to that at all. They were only protecting their planet. I was the one who fought back.

We need one another's trust, I see this now. For I, and these Avengers, are the only ones who were there on the ship. We are the ones who escaped.

We are the ones in this together. Whether I like it or not.

What'd you think?

Please VOTE and COMMENT!

~Athena.

p.s. Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful holiday!