32. Splitting Up and His Family

Hey ya'll! 

Sorry that its been a while since I last updated, but now its summer!!!!! More updates!!!!!

This chapter made me sad, though :(

Any-who, I hope you like the chapter and don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

Meira POV:

"I don't like this." I said as I pointed the gun with both hands at the target. 

It was later that day, not long after Aaron had left, and the others were inside the old barn. They were all getting ready to leave in the morning. This time we were splitting up, Tony figured that if we stay together for too long, it'll be ten times easier for Vrukore to find us and take us out. He was probably right, but it still didn't make me feel any safer for all of us to be splitting up. 

"Come on," Lee said. "You've shot a gun before. It's really not that hard; just point and pull the trigger."

I glared at him, but focused my attention on the target anyways. Yes, I have shot a gun before, but that was three months ago. It's mid August now and every time I think about that, my head spins. So much has happened in such a short time, it feels nearly impossible that I could have go through all this. Yet there are still more trials to go through. Vrukore is getting stronger every day and he isn't afraid of attacking Earth or Asgard to get what he wants. 

I pulled the trigger. The bang sounded, though this time the force of blast shocked me and I took an involuntary step back. The target had one small hole in the outer ring, making me frown. 

"Again." Lee said, crossing his arms.

"How long do I have to do this for?" I asked, getting back into position.

"For as long as I say. Now, again."

~

We only ended up staying out there for two more hours before Clint called us back inside for a meeting. My hands shook and my arms hurt every time I moved them. I managed to get three shots dead center of the target, but Lee told me he could do better in his sleep, so apparently I need a lot more practice. 

"Here's what's going to happen." Steve said, laying out a map. I looked down at it, reading all the little notes in each state we've been in so far. "As a group, all of us are going to drive Little Rock and then branch off in two different directions. Group A; Natasha, Clint, Tony, and Lee will head to Colorado from there. Group B; Bruce, Meira, and I (and the possibility of Thor) will go the opposite direction towards North Carolina."

"Thor won't be back anytime soon." I said, gaining everyone's attention. "He is the future king of Asgard and the palace was attacked not two days ago. Thor may be apart of the Avengers, but Asgard is his first priority." 

"Well that settles that then." Tony replied.