36. Across the Galaxy

***please read***

Hey again!

I've been thinking really long about this chapter ( even though it's another short one ) and re-writing it in my mind a dozen or more times. So, which basically means, this is an important chapter. 

Also, the first part of this is will NOT be written about again or further carried on - you will see why - and a character from the very first chapter will make an appearance. Have any guesses already? 

I really hope you like it and don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! 

Enjoy!

Third Person POV:

The black wolf dashed through the woods, its smokey form leaving a trail of shadows. The faster it ran, the more it grew in size and ferocity. It was a cold night on Thorix and the usual nightly sounds of exotic animals were silent as the wolf pressed on. The woods began to thin and turn dark, the trees black and lifeless and the grass more so. 

Once the wolf came to the edge of the woods, it stopped, seeming to look out at the view before it. Buildings that are now nothing but burnt wood had long since collapsed and turned mostly to dust. Everything was gone, burned to the ground. The Capital Building stood half burned down, as a reminder for what had happened to the great city that had guided Thorix through many years of peace. 

They say there were no survivors from that day, but the wolf knew. It knew as it prowled the empty streets each night, past heaps of rumble and yes, the bones of the ones that were lost, but the wolf had powerful senses and a keen ability of not being seen. It knew that only eight survived. 

Without his mater's knowing, the wolf, who's name is Daufi, left for the City in search for those who survived the fire. Daufi scanned the rumble, using his trained eyes to see any signs of life, but nothing was there. Though he did not turn back. Daufi started down the hill, his large body shrinking in size, back to a medium sized mutt and quite definitely more solid than his other form. 

Blackened splinters crunched underneath his large paws, echoing in the eerie silence. But Daufi was not afraid. He carried on slowly down the once populated streets of the City, and although he was only now just a dog, the air that surrounded him made small animals scurrying around hide in fear. It was  a saddening sight, to see such a powerful empire burned to nothing.

Daufi stopped. His heightened hearing caught a snap! that traveled in the wind from behind. He calmly turned and saw less than a mile away, a sight one would have not believed if they had known of the fall of the City and the nearly four months of deserted area after, a young girl. 

This girl was sickly pale from the lack of sunlight, her hair was oily and covered in ash, and her clothes were torn in several places and bloodied in others. She stood in a frozen state, eyes locked with Daufi, until all of a sudden he turned and continued on down the street. His body rose in size and smoke swirled and separated itself from the wolf, then once he stepped into the shadows, Daufi disappeared. The girl still stood, a dull sword had appeared in her hands, with tears streaming down her dirt covered face. 

Her name, is Freya. 

What'd you think?

VOTE and COMMENT!

~Athena.