51. The Scars That Never Heal

Hey ya'll!

I'm probably going to write a ton more chapters between now and Sunday because school starts back on Monday (yikes!) so yeah, be prepared for awesomeness.

Unless I get lazy and don't write anything, which is probably going to happen.

Any-who, enjoy the chapter! (It's a long chapter.)

Meira's POV:

When I woke up, Thor was back from Asgard. 

He was standing with the others, his mail armor gone and Mjolnir was placed on the ground next to the pile of sleeping bags. I didn't know what time it was, but it must have been late in the day because my head pounded with a headache and everyone seemed like they had been up for hours. 

I rubbed my eyes and quickly sat up, ignoring the stiffness all over from sleeping on solid concrete. I couldn't hear clearly what Thor was saying, but it looked important, so I slowly got up, stretched, and walked over there. Thor's back was to me and Tony, who was standing in front of the thunder god, noticed me first and then nudged Steve, who then looked at Thor and nodded his head towards me. 

Thor turned and his face broke out into a smile. "Meira!" he said. "How good it is to see you." I smiled weakly as Thor placed a hand on my shoulder, beaming down at me with pride. "I was just being told of your accomplishments in your magic," Thor continued. "Though I would like to hear what you think on how your training is going." Steve and Tony got the clue, and the Asgardian prince and I walked out of the warehouse.

I squinted in the bright sun as Thor and I walked along the dirt path leading to the road, neither of us talking for some time. It was true that I had been keeping Thor at arm's distance, but I hadn't necessarily meant to. With him leaving for Asgard so much, and my "training" in magic going on, and having to run all over the country, things have been more than hectic.  

"I know I have been in Asgard for a great deal of time," Thor said, as if reading my mind. "But Loki has uncovered the next location of the second piece to the key." I stopped at this news. Thor pulled out folded piece of parchment and opened it, revealing it to be a map of sorts. I recognized it to be a rough drawing of America, and an outline of a square towards the top left corner. A series of numbers were hastily written next to it. 

"What is this place?" I asked as Thor folded the parchment back up. 

"Yellowstone National Park," he said. "Tony had the voice find it." I assumed Thor was talking about J.A.R.V.I.S. and then realized the numbers must have been coordinates. We continued walking as I thought over this. Back in New Zealand, when Bruce and Tony were teaching me about earth and how things worked here, I remembered the brief lesson on Yellowstone National Park. It is a large place, with many different animals as well as nature attractions - it would take an infinitive amount of time to find the key piece. 

"Steve told me about last night." Thor said. "And I have a theory about this." I listened closely as Thor explained how the wisps and flashes of blue light I can form with my hands could only be a power that was passed down from my father. Thor continued to explain that since Vrukore did wear the Crystal at one time, and gave him this power, it must be reacting to the same power within me. I begun to understand what Thor was saying; The Crystal is using me as a guide.