28. The Dream and The Feast

Hey ya'll!

I really want to apologize for how bad this story is :/  This is my first time publishing one of my stories without writing all the chapters out, and frankly, I forget a lot about my characters.

So to help ease the confusion about who is who and what everyone's personality is, read my Banished Warrior Behind The Scenes book/ Q&A! (I mean, you don't have to or anything, but if you want.)

Wow. That was way too long.

Enjoy the chapter!

Meira's POV:

Asgard wasn't how I expected it to be.

Once the thrill of traveling to the planet of the gods, fear settled deep in my stomach once Thor and I passed through the gates to the kingdom. Another stable boy took our horses away the moment we reached the palace and we traveled the rest of the way on foot.

I picked at the hilt of my sword each time we passed a guard in the long corridors, shrinking slightly under their stare. It felt as though they who I was, or maybe they didn't and they knew that I was an outsider.

"Meira," Thor said. We were stopped outside large, golden double doors that had intricate designs covering it. "I must speak with my father now. I will have a servant show you to your room, but I will see you at dinner." I turned to see a girl a little older than me standing with her hands clasped and head bowed. Her light brown hair pulled back in a tight braid, gathered up at the base of her neck in a bun.

She curtsied and said, "Please follow me miss." I glanced back at Thor before following the girl silently through the corridors and around several bends before walking up to a smooth wooden door with a metal knocker. She pulled open the doors to reveal a large room with an oval bed off to the side and a small balcony. Light streamed in through the flowing curtains and I could see the place garden stretching for miles it seemed below. There was also a vanity and a large washroom, as well as walk-in closet full of satin dresses.

"Does miss need any help settling in?" I started, forgetting about the girl standing in the doorway. I shook my head, speechless by what I saw.

"I will return to assist in preparing miss for dinner." The girl curtsied again and turned to leave, but I stopped her.

"May I walk around the palace some?" I questioned. What I really wanted was to see if I could train some before dinner.

"Prince Thor has requested that the miss stays in her quarters for the time being. Thank you." The girl this time did leave, keeping her head bowed as she closed the doors.

I sighed. Perhaps I could get some sleep before tonight. I set my bag on the oval bed and begun to unpack some clothes and other things. I quickly undressed and pulled on down shorts and a soft tee-shirt Natasha had lent me. I curled up under the covers and played with my fingers until I drifted slowly off to sleep, my mind swarming with thoughts.

~

I was walking down a spiral, stone stair case, the only light coming from the torches lit up on the wall. I stepped out into a long, dimly lit room that I can only call a dungeon. Creatures I couldn't even name were in cells behind walls of a reflecting gold screen of sorts. My vision was kind of fuzzy and I could hear my footsteps echoing loud inside my head, distorting my depth perception.

"Take this," a voice echoed down the room. I looked up to see a familiar figure and my visit flashed to the thing he was holding. A dark grey bowl, it's sides slightly cracked. The hand holding it slid through the golden mesh, given it to a paler, more slender hand.