15. Powers and Plans

Hey y'all!

You might like this chapter, you might not. I dun know :/ 

I know I liked writing it.

Enjoy!

Meira's POV:

I sat in a chair at a small square table across from agent Natasha Romanoff with my hands crossed in front of me. The Thor, Clint, and agent  Hawthorn stood against the wall, watching quietly. We were the only ones in the large room. This room is much like the one on the ship, except it is much brighter in here and there is a dark glass on the wall to my left. And that my wrists are not chained to the table. 

"Okay Meira, I'm just going to ask you a few questions and you're going to tell me everything. Do you understand?" Natasha asked me as she clicked the top of a writing utensil and took out many pieces of paper. I glanced at Thor and he nodded. "Yes," I replied. "I understand." Natasha smiled. "Alright. What powers do you have?"

I swallowed. "I can conjure fire and move water at will. I also have an energy within me." Natasha quickly scribble down my exact words without saying anything. It was an uncanny silence in the room. "I take it that your "energy" is the blue light that you tried to attack me with?" She said, but there was no anger in her words. I shifted uncomfortably and nodded before looking down at the table. 

"I apologize for that event, ma'am." I said quietly. Natasha chuckled and shook her head. "Please," she said, writing something else down. "Now you sound like Steve." I did not understand what she meant by that, but took it as a forgiven statement of some sort. Natasha did say anything for a long time and the silence become more and more cold as the minutes dragged by. 

"I understand that you were banished from Thorix?" Natasha suddenly said. An invisible knife stabbed my heart and I cringed lightly. "Yes. That is correct." I responded, my voice thick. Natasha looked up expectantly and I realized she wanted me to elaborate. "Well," I began, swallowing for the hundredth time. "I was to become a warrior. I had beaten my sister, Freya, in a Magic Scrimmage."

"This was the last Scrimmage of the Decision. Meaning, girls must complete a series of challenges before she can proceed to the Day of Decision - which is also the day when a new generation of Thoranians is born." I continued. Natasha wrote all of this down and nodded for me to go on, so I did. "And I had one the battle, but Freya broke the rules and attacked me after she had fallen. I lost control of my true powers, my energy, and I nearly killed her."

Now the silence was worse than before. It was tense and cold. I didn't breathe. All three of them were staring at me. "However," I said barely above a whisper. "I was stopped. The week continued on and the Day of Decision came." I decided not to tell them of Freya's beatings. "I was last to be chosen, and what came was not my fate for the rest of my life on Thorix. Yet, my life here, on Midgard."

"What does that mean?" Agent Hawthorn spoke up. I sighed. "It means I must spend eternity here. Thoranians are nearly immortal, much like Asgardians," I said with a polite nod at Thor, who returned it. "But I have an inkling mortals are not to taken with the fact of a girl living for centuries on their planet." Thor shook his head. "No, Meira." He said. "You will return to your planet."