Chapter eight: #Shana

"damn you look good" Shawn said from the inside of my ipad. We were facetiming each other, getting ready for Vanessa's party. "im not even dressed good yet" i laughed. "well, damn you look great" he winked. "Not as good as you" i winked back. "cant argue with you there" he said. "shut up"

I left my ipad on my bed while i showered and got dressed in the bathroom. I was brushing my teeth and went to see what Shawn was doing.
His back was facing the Camera, he didnt have a shirt on. "Shawn" i called so he could turn around, who wouldnt want to see him without a shirt?

"sorry" he laughed. "dont be" i smiled. "im going to go get a shirt" he said. "no, why?" i whined. "Because my mom would never let me go out without a shirt unless im checking the mail" he explained. "yeah but..", "no lana"

I noticed all of the talking i was doing, toothpaste fell out of my mouth. That's gross.
"im coming to your house to get you right now" he informed me. "stay on facetime so i wont be bored" i said.

We talked as i brushed my hair.
"lana, why is your dad in a bad mood?" My mom asked me, just coming in my room without knocking. "i dont know, Shawn why are you in a bad mood?" i asked him. "im not?" he said confused. "he's not" i told my mom. "lana, that was really inapropriate. You obviously put your father in a bad mood with this attitude you're giving him" she said. "i didnt say anything to him today, tell him to grow a pair" i said. "i dont like the way you've been acting and where are you going?" she asked. "Vanessa's" i stated. "in that?" she asked pointing to my outfit. "you're staying home in that?" i said pointing to her outfit, she was wearing casual clothes, but i was making a point. "you're staying home" she said angry. "fine"

She left my room and Shawn looked at me. "eyes on the road" i told him. "woah that was a lot of tension" he said. "thats one way to put it" i laughed. "so how are you going to get to my car?" he asked. "the window" i smirked. "you're room is upstairs" he reminded me. "which is why you're going to help me"

"im here, by your house where your window is" he whispered. "okay, im going to drop my things and then figure out a way to get down" i said.

I dropped my things and Shawn informed me that he caught them. "i have no idea how im getting down" i laughed. "fall" he said. "wow, you want me to die?" i asked. "i'll catch you" he said. "What if you dont? i would die" i said. "you wont die, because i'll catch you, and if i dont, you'll fall on top of me" he explained. "but you'll get hurt" i said. "you're worth it, trust me"

(let me remind you that this is fiction so chilll)

I took a deep breath and looked down, its not a far drop, but it was still a scary one. "im ready" Shawn said. "okay"

When i finally built up the courage to do it. I closed my eyes and fell.
I was putting my life in the hands of my really close friends, i trust him but this wasnt just one of those 'fall back i will catch you' trust excersise.
It felt like something suck the air out of my lungs as i fell, but soon the air came flowing back, along with a pair of arms wrapped around me. "told you i'll catch you" Shawn said and put me down. I smiled and hugged him. "okay lets go"
-
As soon as Shawn and i walked through the door, alcohol filled our lungs. "thats a very strong smell" Shawn yelled over the music. The music was really loud, many people were moving around, and dancing. "Hell yeah" i yelled back at him.

I spotted the kitchen with variety of cups, blue, red, and white.
I grabbed Shawn's arm and pulled him past the crowd of people, i'm a party person, i wasnt startled at all by the commotion, party's are great. Its where you learn most from your mistakes.

Shawn picked a red cup and i picked blue. I gulped some of mine and Shawn did the same. His face scrunched up and i laughed. We switched cups and gulped again. "What the hell" Shawn yelled. "welcome to Vanessa's famous partys" i laughed. "What kind of strong shit is that?" he asked. I shrugged, "lets go dance hottie"

"im not much of a dancer" Shawn said when we go on the dance floor. "you're more of a singer" i smirked. "i dont sing!" he laughed. "whatever"
I watched Shawn make a fool of himself trying to dance to the song. "you're so cute" i yelled. "help me" he laughed and i laughed with him. I grabbed his hands and wrapped his arms around my waist and i wrapped my arms around his neck. "we can just dance like this, this is the alternative dance if your partner doesnt know how to dance" i informed him. "so everyone is going to know one of us cant dance?" he asked. "no, everyone is going to know you cant dance because i can dance" i smirked. "this is embarassing" he looked around. "at least you're cute" i shrugged.

We danced a little, as in we were in the same postition but moved slowly and rarely. It wasnt awkward at all because we talked and laughed, theres never a awkward moment with Shawn.

"lana! there you are! i thought you didnt come!" Vanessa yelled behind me. "i never miss your partys" i smiled. "Hi Shawn" Vanessa told him when she noticed. He smiled at her. "well i'll leave you two to it" she smiled and left. "She's crazy" i laughed.
Soon a slowISH kind of song started playing. "so how do we dance to this?" Shawn asked. "Well the same way we're dancing right now, just closer."

He nodded and pulled me closer to him, closing up any space we had in between us. "this is stupid" i joked. "shut up and enjoy it"

I layed my head on his chest as we swayed to the music and he layed his head on mine. "you have a big head" i said. "you always have to say something dont you?" he laughed. "yeah, im pretty good at it, you know, giving my opinion" i agreed. "i notice"

"im glad you came with me" i stated. "me too", "isnt it kind of weird that we can hear eachother through all of this music and dont have to yell anymore?" i asked. "i kind of forgot we were at a party" he said. "how?"

"it feels like it's just me and you"
---------------------------------------------------
#Shana chapter 😉
does this change your kind about the previous question? #Mana or #Shana ?