Chapter thirty-seven

Have you ever been on a really good date? Or had like one of the best nights of your life with someone and when you think about it, it makes you smile uncontrollably? Even sometimes when you explain how perfect the night was to someone they think you're just over exaggerating but really that moment made you the happiest you have ever been?

Tonight was just that. That feeling that i've never thought i could feel. It's like that moment in middle school when your crush says hi to you but 20 times better. Or when you win the fucking lottery but 20 times better.

First dates are dates when you determine if you really want to get to know that person better and plan a second date. If you already know the person then you just want to know what'll be like dating them.

This date however, i think i'm just now realizing that i have liked Shawn this entire time. But like is such a weak word, but love is such a strong word and i'm afraid to use it at this point.

We tell each other we love one another all of the time but it was a friendship thing. Now, love is such a confusing word for whatever we have going on.

I can't explain how the date went because if i did then i would sound like the stupidest person ever, but every night was like tonight, i would be the happiest person in the world all of the time.

"don't fall asleep" Shawn shakes me with his hand that was connected with mine since the other is steering the wheel. "i'm not" i laugh lightly. "Are you nervous for tomorrow?" he asks. "i forgot tomorrow's the first day of school" i groan. "hey, we'll be official seniors"

i smile at that. Yes bitches, last year of high school.

We talk the entire hour drive to his house. The driveway is empty since his mom is working and Aaliyah is in Canada since she's going to attend school there.

"i can take you home" he says after we get inside of his house and head toward his room. "well do you want me to leave?" i ask. "fuck no, i'm having the best night of my life"

When we get to his room, he closes the door and steps closer to me. I feel a rush of excitement through out my body. "it doesnt have to end yet"

I wrap my arms around his torso and pull him closer to me and our lips found each other.

This is the first time since that dare and i get overly excited. I love the feeling.

As our kiss deepens i grow more and more weak, it was like he was draining the life out of me, the feeling of being half alive made me want him more.

We took turns taking the other's shirt off. Not breaking the kiss, i dragged him to the bed and lied down.

He kissed and sucked on my neck and then my sides. My grip on his hair only got tighter. He then took my shorts of and did the same to my inner thighs.

This affection was all too much for me to handle.
-
The sun was barely rising when i woke up from my slumber. I usually don't wake up this early unless my thoughts decided to overpower my sleep.

I was only in my undergarments so i get up to put my clothes on that were on the floor. I find my phone and text Vanessa to come and get me, we always dress the same on the first day of school, and i dont want Shawn getting up earlier than usual just to take me home.

iMessage ; group chat
Carter //- last first day of high school 😛
Hailey //- been waiting my whole life
J.j //- we're probably the only group to survive high school still together
Madison //- !!!!!!!!!!!
Vanessa //- Party at my place tonight for celebration
Cameron //- its not even friday
lana //- So??????!!!!!!!!!!
Jack G //- you guys wake up too early damn
Shawn //- haha ikr
lana //- SHAWN
Vanessa //- im outside lana hurry up, you're going to look hot in this outfit i bought !
-
"you're just going to ditch me the morning after?" Shawn's morning voice rings through my head. He turns around to look at me and i notice all of the marks i left on his neck. "uh that's the plan" i joke. He laughs and goodness, his laugh.

"you can wear one of my sweatshirts, to cover up the evidence, because if Vanessa finds out the word will get around" he says and gets up. "that's unless you want everyone to know" he adds. "of course i want everyone to know my personal life, i want to shout it on the rooftops that i had sex with Shawn Mendes!"

We burst into laughter, i'm happy nothing is awkward after last night. "don't go anywhere yet" he says before going to the bathroom.

I find a comfortable sweatshirt and put it over my clothes. Vanessa texts me again but i decide to wait for Shawn to finish.

He puts on sweats and a shirt. "okay i can walk you out now"

He walks me to his front door. "i probably shouldn't go outside" he says pointing to his neck. I laugh a little and nod. "i'll see you at school" i tell him. "have a great first day", "thanks dad, you too" i smile and we laugh once again.

Before i open the door, Shawn stops me and kisses me. A while after we pull away and he bites my lip just like the first time we kissed. i shake my head and laugh.

I go outside and see Vanessa in her car singing along to music. i get in the passenger seat and she turns the music down.

"that only took 10 years" she exaggerates.

iMessage; Shawn
Shawn //- keep that in mind all day (;
lana //- keep what in mind? (:
Shawn //- i can remind you
lana //- nahh
Shawn //- damn
lana //- 😘
Shawn //- 🤕
lana //- dont be a baby
Shawn //- i can be your baby
lana //- WHY R U FLIRTING WITH ME AH
Shawn //- 😉😉
-

iMessage; ShawnShawn //- keep that in mind all day (;lana //- keep what in mind? (:Shawn //- i can remind youlana //- nahhShawn //- damnlana //- 😘Shawn //- 🤕lana //- dont be a babyShawn //- i can be your babylana //- WHY R U FLIRTING WITH ME AHS...

Vanessa & lana's first day outfit (:

--------------------------------------------------------------
hahha told you guys the unexpected was coming (: WHAT YOU GUYS THINK? your welcome Shana shippers 😏