Chapter thirty: birthday/over

iMessage: Shawn (private)

Shawn //- Happy birthday Happy birthday Happy birthday Happy birthday

lana //- thanks Shawn ((:

Shawn //- how are you doing today?

lana //- better than yesterday and the day before that and before that

Shawn //- thats good. still no text back? it's been weeks already

lana //- nope but im not going to think about it, if he doesnt believe me then whatever

Shawn //- If it makes you feel better, he hasnt answered any of us

lana //- yeah well if he doesnt come to the party tonight it'll break my heart

Shawn //- he's going to come

lana //- hopefully

-

iMessage: group chat

Everyone //- happy birthday lana!

lana //- thanks guys it means a lot (:

Cameron //- i invited some random guys to your party

Vanessa //- the last thing she needs is to be surrounded by a bunch of horny, sweaty guys

lana //- its okay invite whoever, its a public party [:

Madison //- at Nessa's house btw for those of you in here who didnt know

Jack G //- true because some people dont know how to text back these last few weeks

lana //- ok stop

Matthew //- yeah it isnt your business.

Hailey //- he's alive?

Shawn //- who knew

Matthew //- my phone's been off because it's quite annoying getting 100+ text messages 24/7

Carter //- only because we care about you dude

JJ //- you going to the party or not?

Matthew //- if i'm still invited.

lana //- yeah you are, in fact you better come.

Madison //- right now im chanting #Mana

Vanessa //- #Vana is better than Matthew and lana js

Madison //- haha i wasnt talking about Matthew and lana

Hailey //- #Hana for life

Cameron //- or #Cana

lana //- all of you are gay

Shawn //- #Shana [;

-

*Hours later

I gathered my entire outfit that i got at the mall today. Kate helped me pick it out for my birthday party tonight at Vanessa's. Im excited even though i go to party's a lot over there, but today i turn 18. I'll finally be an adult and i hope it's memorable.

The doorbell rang and i ran downstairs to get it. "im here bitches" Vanessa says when i open the door, Shawn, Madison and Jack followed behind her. Vanessa's here to dye my hair back to its original color, i asked her to, i dont know what the others are here for.

"you can go set up in my room" i tell her and she goes. "Happy birthday" Hailey, Madison, Jack and Shawn tell me. I thank them and hug each one of them. Hailey, Jack and Madison followed Vanessa upstairs.

"How does it feel to be 18?" Shawn asks me. "feels like im on the moon" i joke and he laughs. "will you be going to clubs now?" he asked. "not until you turn 18 which is in 5 days so in a week yeah" i answer. "deal"

Vanessa dyes my hair back to the familiar color hair i've always had. After she decided to curl and style it for the party. "Thanks for doing my hair" i thank her. "No problem babe"

After she finishes my hair i go to my bath room to get changed into my party outfit.

"you're so hot" Madison tells me. "thanks" i laugh.

*Party time*

Vanessa pulls up to her house that's already surrounded with cars and people fill the house. "lets show them what a real queen looks like" Hailey says. "you guys are so stupid" i say. We get out of the car and start walking towards the house. Shawn puts his arm around my shoulder, i look up and smile at him. "you're still short for a 18 year old" he tells me. "shut up"

We go inside and people start shouting at me happy birthday and coming up to hug me. There was a good amount of people here that i didnt know but i didnt mind.

Shawn and i go to the kitchen to get a drink. "i cant believe you're 18 already" Shawn says. "i know, it feels weird" i laugh. "theres a lot of people staring at you" he tells me. "Maybe because its my birthday", "or maybe because you're hot i dont know". "Shawn, dont you have a girlfriend?" i tease him. "So?", "Why are you hitting on me then?", "i always hot on my bestfriends"

i roll my eyes. "So you hit on Cam and Jack and Vanessa and the others?", he shakes his head. "You're weird" i joke. "you love it", "yeah because i love you"

Matthew approaches us, i get quiet. "Hey matt, i'm going to go find someone" Shawn says and leaves. What a great best friend he is. Note the sarcasm.

"Happy Birthday, you look beautiful like always" Matthew tells me. "thank you for saying that and for coming" i say. "I wouldn't miss it for the world" he says. "yeah um so how have you been?", "good, i've been thinking a lot", "yeah and?"

"im really sorry i overreacted about that text message" he said. "you are?", "Yeah but the thing is, i dont think we should be together. It hurts to say that but we shouldn't." Is he breaking up with me on my birthday? "but why?", "i cant really get into that right now" i roll my eyes at his comment. "ok whatever"

I drink the rest of the alcohol in my cup. "dont be mad", "why would i be mad about you breaking up with me over nothing on my birthday?" i sarcastically laughed. He rolled his eyes. "sorry did i just,  make you mad or annoyed?", "stop acting like this, its your birthday", "you're right its my birthday, so im going to forget that we ever talked today and enjoy the rest of my night, do whatever you want"

"Everything okay here?" Shawn comes back. "Nope everything is great" i smile. "Where's your girlfriend?" Matthew asks Shawn. "I dont know why?", Matthew scoffs and leaves.

"What's his problem?" Shawn asks me. I shrug.

What a great way to start off my party.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

comment opinions [:
Also i drafted a book and i named it 'Duff' im probably not going to publish it maybe i will when i finish this book idk what do you guys think?