Chapter forty-seven: strings

My alarm goes off at 8:30 AM. When i press a button to turn it off, Shawn's song 'Strings' starts playing.

"really babe?" Shawn wakes up and i begin to laugh. "it's a catchy song, i wonder who it's about"

He smirks at me and i smile at him and sing along to the song. "The weird thing about this is before we were together and i was noticing my feelings for you, i had a dream that we kissed and you told me 'baby i want all the strings attached'" i tell him.

"i know, one day you were half asleep and you told me. I wrote it based off of your dream"

If i smile anymore my face is going to crack, but when i'm with Shawn i just can't get this stupid smile off of my face.

I get on top of him with my knees on his sides. "i scratched you up pretty bad" i say examining his arms and his sides.

"you should wear a hoodie today" he winks. "you always do this to me" i whine. Every time he spends the night i have to wear a hoodie.

When i get off of him we both start getting ready for school. I put my hair up and get in the shower. We would take one together but then we'd probably be late to school.

Shawn gets in after me. I get dressed in ripped jeans and a black hoodie. I brush my hair out and put it into a messy ponytail and put earrings in.

Makeup isn't really my thing so i add just mascara and a natural pink color lipstick.

"Are you finished yet?" Shawn asks, standing behind me. I turn around to look at him and he's fully dressed.

I roll my eyes and stand up. "beauty takes time" i tell him. "then you need a lot more time" he says. I gasp and walk to my night stand where my phone is.

"i'm just kidding, baby come back!" he laughs. I shake my head. "don't say anything to me ever again" i joke.

He walks over to me and pulls me on to the bed, pinning my arms up. I struggle as he leans in for a kiss.

"stop it Shawn this is illegal in all 50 states of the United States of America", "lana, be quiet"

His lips meet mine and we kiss for a while. I wrap my legs around him as we move in sync.

If only we could just kiss forever.

Someone knocks on my door and Shawn pulls away, biting my lip in the process.

"why do you do that to me?" i whine while he gets the door. He winks at me.

"Shawn!" Liane yells and jumps on him. They hug and talk a little while i check my phone.

iMessage: group chat
Vanessa //- we're meeting at Starbucks in 15 mins, everyone better show up!
Cameron //- why cant we do that after school?
Aaron //- because we all want to see Shawn!
Carter //- duh
Taylor //- where is he even staying at?
Jack G //- lana's place
Nash //- rated r
Madison //- so cute !!!! ❤️
-

I drive my siblings to school and go to Starbucks just as planned, Shawn and i 10 minutes late though. School starts in about 20 minutes.

We join everyone at a table that we usually sit at when we come here.
Everyone hugs and greets Shawn, excited to see him after such a long time.

"how was tour? how many people did you meet? was it awesome?" they bombarded him with questions. "Shawn is one person, one question at a time" i act as if im his security guard.

"lana's your cop?" Hailey asks. "no" Shawn laughs. "i could be if you want" i whisper and nudge him.

He looks at me with a grin.

"It sucks to be single" Vanessa whines. "tell me about it" Matthew mumbles. "wait, did something happen between you and Jessica?" i ask him.

He nods and tells us that they decided to be just friends since he was not emotionally ready for a relationship and he was focusing more on directing and acting.

Ten minutes before school starts and everyone heads to school.

"Tour is so much better than school" Shawn states. I laugh and nod. "everything is"

We walk in the hallways and many people recognize Shawn, but not as a friend, as a growing pop star. Many ask for pictures.

The principal isn't very happy about it so she attempts to make them go to class but they do not listen.

"Maybe it's a good idea if you leave for the day, Mendes, we will have to get this all settled hopefully by tomorrow" She tells him. He respectfully agrees and i walk with him out.

-
The rest of the day consist of us walking around the park, going to a cafe and a pet shop. I love to play with the animals, they're so cute.

"Shawn! Look how cute this puppy is!" i tell him and excitedly pick up the puppy. "i wanna kiss him!"

I look to see Shawn's expression and he shakes his head. "That puppy is a boy and that would be cheating" he says. I laugh and make it seem as if i was going to kiss him.

Shawn repeats "stop lana", whining like a little kid. I shake my head and kiss the puppy's head and put him back. "i feel so betrayed"

"stop being a drama queen" i tease him. He shrugs and grabs my hand and we walk back to the car.

He drives us back home, there we watch scream queens, but not really pay attention, we just play around.

"I need to ask you something" he mentions after our childish games.

I sit up and wait for him to ask.

"will you be my date to the people's choice awards?"

----------------------------

sorry for the fast chapter but as you know this story is fiction and i will be changing some details like the dates of everything and all of that 😄

Next chapter will be extra long ! vote/ comment, love ya babes 💞

tysm for almost 23k!!!!!