Chapter thirty-five: not okay

i woke up from my phone chiming in my ear. There were several messages and i noticed the time which was 10 pm. I went to sleep around 5 pm after shopping and visiting my aunt where Liane, Kate, Ethan and Jackson (the puppy from Matt) were staying for a while.

My phone chimed again and i looked to see it was the group chat as usual. A FaceTime call popped up and it was Shawn so i answered.

He had a big smile on his face like he always does. My heart melts at his cute smile.

"woah" he says making me remember that i look like trash like i always do when i wake up.
"i just woke up" i laugh. "that's your excuse for being so beautiful?" he asks. "wow, you're smooth"

He laughs, "Nothing's smoother than me" he says cockily. I nod my head, agreeing.

"so babe...", "i'm not your babe" i interrupt him. He tilts his head and raises his eyebrow. "you weren't saying that when you had your tongue down my throat in your bathroom"

I raise up the middle finger. "i knew you wanted me!" his victorious smile showing off. "just because someone kisses you doesn't mean they want you" i argue. "yeah, but it does when you moan in their mouth", he just cant get over that night... but neither can i.

"hey! you started that and i'm pretty sure you were moaning so you must want me too", "yeah yeah but anyway it's been about three days since i've seen you and i'd really like some company" he changes the subject. "i'm not your booty call, Shawn" i joke.

He laughs and shakes his head. "of course not, you're my beautiful, smart wife", i roll my eyes at his sweetness that makes it hard to breathe. "so are you going to get up and come over here?" he asks. "i want to but Vanessa already invited me over tonight" i tell him. He pouted. "sorry but we can go to the beach tomorrow, just you and me" i suggest. "that sounds great, see you then"

We say good bye and hang up.

After i get out of the shower and turn it off along with my music, i hear noises downstairs. My aunt wasn't suppose to bring everyone back yet but something could have came up.

I throw on some sweats and a sweatshirt. i read the time before throwing my phone and keys in my pocket and go downstairs.

What i saw wasn't my siblings, it was my mom and some dude who's hand she was holding.
"hey lana! I didn't expect you to be here" She says coming closer to me. I back up, not wanting her to touch me at all.

"where have you been? who is this?" i ask. "This is my fiancé" she introduces us. He looks confused. "i thought you said you live alone?" he asks her aloud. "oh um my sister's children come over here a lot" she lies. "so this is your niece?" he questions. "i'm not her anything" i say and walk out.

How many more surprises can this woman have up her sleeve? And why is she marrying someone she probably just met and lied to, she has some serious problems and has some nerve coming back after basically abandoning us.

It's too late to deal with her so i push aside those problems and head to Vanessa's house.

Vanessa texts me to just walk in when i get there.
There were about three cars in front of her house, i didnt know who's since it was so dark.

I walk in her house and follow the yelling to her living room. I dont know why she's yelling at someone.

"you need to tell her!" she yells. "tell me what?" i ask looking between her and Matthew. Oh please, dont let this be what i think it is. Either Matthew and Vanessa hooked up or he's gotten someone pregnant.

Vanessa walks over to me and puts her arm around my shoulder. "your stupid ex has something to tell you" she says. "no i dont, it's irrelevant and doesn't matter, we aren't even together anymore!" he yells. "if you dont tell her i will, fuckboy"

The last time Vanessa was this angry, she caught her boyfriend cheating on her, and she made his life a living hell for a week.

Matthew rolls his eyes and avoids eye contact with me. "What is it?" i ask. "Remember when you were in Canada and this stupid motherfucker cheated on you?" Vanessa started. "i can fucking tell her!" he yells at her. She rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, i remember", "i didn't cheat on you because i was drunk, i did it because i wanted too and the girl was Jessica" he explains. "it was Jessica? as in your girlfriend right now?" i ask. "yeah and that wasn't the first or last time during our relationship"

My heart drops but i play it off because i don't want him seeing that he has that power to hurt me. "you stupid fucking bitch" Vanessa yells at him. "oh" was all i said. "lana, please beat the shit out of him or i will" she says.

I shake my head. "It's okay, can i go now?" i ask her. "yeah, i'll walk you out"

She walks me to the front door and hugs me. "Thanks nessa but we aren't together anymore so it doesn't matter" i say. "text me when you get home" i nod and leave.

The last thing i want to do is go home so i go to Shawn's house.

He answers about a minute later after i knock. He had on sweats and a shirt and his hair was messy, he probably was drifting to sleep.

"Hey, everything okay?" he asks and hugs me. I hug him back only tighter.
Everything's not okay.

------------------------------------------------

GUYS THIS CHAPTER IS LIKE SO EMO. sorry not trying too but it happens lol.

I ALMOST HAVE 10K READS AND IM NOT OKAY.
thank you all so much for reading ❤️ i loveeee seeing comments about who you ship & your thoughts so thanks to everyone who votes and comment !

Anyways.... what's up with Matt? 👀