Chapter twenty-nine: liar

i knocked on the door that belonged to the Espinosa's. For some odd reason i was really happy and jumpy today. Happier than i usually am, i feel like the universe is with me today.

"lana! how are you sweetheart?" Laura answers the door making my mood even more lightened. "im great! how's it going with you?" she lets me in and gives me a response. After about 5 minutes of small talk i went upstairs to Matthew's room, she had to work.

The sound of water comes from Matthew's bathroom meaning he was either in the shower or brushing his teeth so i just wait on his bed and check my messages.

iMessage: Damian (private)
Damian //- please just talk to me, im sorry that you had to find out that way.
lana //- you know over the last few weeks i thought we were getting close and i thought you get me, i guess not.
Damian //- you're fucking kidding me
lana //- i really dont want to talk to you right now, you're not who i thought you were
Damian //- you mean im not Jackson.
lana //- no why would you even text that wtf
Damian //- you want me to be Jackson so bad! i may look like him but we're not the same so you cant accept me now.
lana //- you're right you're not him. i admit that i wanted to believe that you could "fill" that emptyness but you cant. Him and i were so close and im sorry that i FELT that way. But you are my brother just as much as him so stfu
Damian //- how were you two so "close"? you only knew him for 7 years, and 4 of those you cant remember at all
lana //- fuck you, Damian. fuck you.
-
Text message: Unknown (private)
Unknown //- you're going to be heartbroken
lana //- ok
Unknown //- starting in about 30 minutes maybe? whenever Matthew gets out of the shower.
lana //- WHO TF ARE YOU?
Unknown //- your worst nightmare
lana //- leave him out of this shit you're pulling
Unknown //- let me think about it... no
lana //- when i find out who you are, i'm going to kick your ass
Unknown //- oh im so scared.
lana //- should be.
Unknown //- your birthday is coming up pretty fast. Trust me when i say its going to be memorable
lana //- ok thanks
-
"hey my little tiger" Matthew comes out of the restroom. I lock my phone and put it down. "stop calling me that" i whine and stand up to hug him.

He only had a towel around his waist. "i think its a cute pet name" he says. "i guess but the story behind it isnt very cute" i laugh. "i think its sexy" he whispers.

I look up at him. "you're sexy" i say before kissing him. We lie down and makeout.

"i should probably get dressed" he says. "why?", "im 18 now, it'll be illegal if we get into this"

"fuck the law"

Burnie started barking from downstairs. "i'll get him, you get dressed" i said and went downstairs.

I looked outside to see if there was anyone because that's probably the only reason Burnie would be barking at the door.
He jumped on me as soon as he saw me. "hey boy, what are you barking at?" As if he could answer me. I pet him and go back upstairs.

Matthew was dressed and holding my phone while reading something with a wierd expression. "um everything okay?" i ask. "who is this?" he hands me my phone.

iMessage: Jordan (private)
Jordan //- hey when are you coming over again? (;
wheres those nudes you said you'll send?
-
i look at Matthew and shake my head. "who's Jordan?" he asks. "a guy that goes to Jayce's place a lot i guess, he must be drunk or high or something" i answer. "is that why you go over there so much? you know someone warned me that you weren't going there just for Damian" he says. "what? who?", "doesnt matter"

Does he really think im cheating on him? "This is a miss understanding i would never", "dont say 'never' you did with Shawn" he interrupts me. "you know what, i'll just text Jordan back and you can see for yourself"

iMessage: Jordan
lana //- what are you talking about? Did Damian give you my number or?
Jordan //- you're funny, you gave me your number after we had some fun
lana //- stop lying.
Jordan //- you stop acting like we didnt share something special
lana //- WE DIDNT! I HAVE A BOYFRIEND
Jordan //- chill, Jayce said he'll cover for us again
lana //- why are you doing this?
Jordan //- because you told me you love me
-
i yell in fustration. "Matthew, you have to believe me, please" i beg. "you should leave"

Unknown //- thats only the beginning 😛
~
When i walk in my home, i see Liane running around playing with her toys.
"lana!" she screams and hugs me. "hey bug, how are you?" i ask. "im good! your friend is in your room he wants to talk to you" she tells me. "who?", she shrugs.

I go to my room and Damian is there looking around.
"why are you here?" i ask. "i dont want you being mad and i want to explain" he says. "there is nothing to explain. You sell drugs, you're putting yourself at danger. you could be arrested or even killed by a maniac. Then i would have lost two brothers due to a drug addict" i state. "thats not true. im really careful", "i really need to think right now so can you please leave i promise i'll talk to you later"

He nods and leaves.
Text message: Unknown
Unknown //- it would be a shame if something happened to your brother. Especially that pretty face of his, maybe the police will find that pretty face useful in prison with the other drug dealers oops
lana //- leave the people i care about out of this. What the fuck do you want?
Unknown //- to ruin your life, just as you did mine.
-
iMessage: Shawn (private)
Shawn //- HEY
lana //- hi.
Shawn //- woah, someones in a mood what happened?
lana //- all i said was hi?
Shawn //- yup but i know you, what happened?
lana //- nothing
Shawn //- okay i'll be over in 5 minutes, hopefully you're there?
lana //- yup
-
"someone order flowers?" Shawn asked coming in my room. "how'd you get flowers so fast?" i ask. "i bought them like an hour ago for Isabella, but you're more important" he says handing them to me. "hopefully she wont find out about that last part" i say. "trust me, she already knows" he laugh.

I smile a little for the first time in these past two hours. "so you going to give your best friend a hug or what?" i get up and hug him and i swear in that moment i felt so much better.

-----------------------------------
is this the end for #Mana ??? 👀
Also do the bold words help with reading the text messages?????