Chapter thirty-nine: girls vs. boys

Tonight is the night. The sleep over challenge, girls vs. boys. Every year since Freshmen year our group has had a competition to see who has the best and most savage skills in sleepovers. Basically we get 2 hotel rooms next to each other, one for the boys to share and the other for the girls.

We hook our phones to the tv in order to FaceTime each other. Everyone writes down two dares for the opposite sex and the girls put their papers in a blue box and the guys put theirs in a pink. We trade boxes and while on FaceTime someone has to draw and whatever the paper says everyone of that gender has to do the dare. If someone decides not too then the other team has a chance to steal the win by doing it.

Everything is recorded and the team with the most points by 6 AM wins. We'll get into the prizes later.

iMessage: group chat
Cameron //- i have my dares written down 😈😈
lana //- ME TOO
Shawn //- the girls are going down
Vanessa //- hah i think not
Hailey //- yeah the only thing going down is lana on Shawn (;
lana //- HAILEY !
Shawn //- 😁
lana //- 😡
Shawn //- 😅
Matthew //- stop flirting
Carter //- couple more hours until the girls take an L
Madison //- W* you mean
JG //- sorry babe but we're going to win
lana //- i think not, im up for any dare any time
Matthew //- we'll see about that tonight
Cameron //- the girls are outnumbered though
Madison //- we've always been
lana //- dont go easy on us
Shawn //- dont go easy on us either
lana //- i wont go easy on you baby 😉
Carter //- she's trying to seduce him for a easy win!!!
JJ //- dont make this like last year
lana //- you guys are just sore losers shut up
Taylor //- tonight we'll be soar winners
Madison //- that's a bet
Shawn //- see everyone in a hour
-
I shower, it was easy for me to lose track of time since the water felt good against my skin and scalp. My phone started ringing so i had to get out.

It was a FaceTime call from Shawn and i answered, immediately seeing his smile in the camera.
"show your beauty" he whines. "i literally just got out of the shower" i tell him.

Since tonight is going to be filled with adventures i put on some grey Nike shorts and a maroon cropped sweatshirt.

"are you done yet?" Shawn asks impatiently. "yeah yeah" i put my hair in a messy ponytail and pick up the camera.

Shawn smiles. "you don't even try" he compliments. "you don't either" i wink. "are you trying to seduce me for an easy win?" he jokes, mocking Carter. "you started it with the compliments", "im not complimenting you, i just speak aloud"

He's the type to make me blush. "so i'll meet you at the hotel", "i'll be waiting"

We hang up and i grab my things and go downstairs. Kate was on the couch with the tv on but her focus was on her phone.

"hey" i say. "lana! thank goodness, i'm so bored" she whines. "sorry but i have to go, where's Ethan?" i ask. "He's at Taylor's house" she answers. Haven't heard that name in a while. "oh well invite a friend over or something", i regret saying that after seeing her huge smile, i probably just gave her an idea to throw a party.

I shake my head and say bye leaving, knowing nothing i would say would make her change her mind.

A couple minutes later while driving, my phone vibrates signalizing a text message. I wait to get to a stop light to check the message.

from: Shawn
i'm at the hotel by the no smoking sign... alone.. waiting 😌 (if you're driving please do not text back)

Not too long later i arrive at the hotel and park in the parking lot. The bright lights helped me to see since it's so dark outside.

I find someone on the side of the hotel on their phone. "ready to lose?" i yell out to them. Shawn looks at me and laughs heading toward me. "sorry but i do not lose" he says. "yeah i cant wait to stomp on that ego of yours"

We hug and walk inside the hotel. We're greeted by the person working at the desk and we head up to floor three where our rooms are.

"so im pretty sure everyone but Vanessa thinks we're joking about being together" Shawn says. "it's hard to hide things from her" i state. "so we are together?" he asks. I think about it for a moment. "i dont know, you tell me, Shawny boy" He laughs and the elevator dings meaning we're on our floor.

Everyone was gathered in the hallway, talking. I feel bad for the people who have to stay in this hotel tonight because we're loud.

"lana and Shawn! finally!" Taylor screams. "i wonder why it took so long" Cameron says and i roll my eyes. "LA traffic" i respond.

We all go to our rooms. "we'll see you girls in an hour" the guys go in their room and we go in ours.

There's Me, Madison, Hailey, Vanessa, Kylie and Jessica. i dont mind Matthew's girlfriend being here since the girls are outnumbered anyway, and she's pretty cool.

We all get our dares that are written down and put them in the blue box.
"i'll take them to the boys" i say getting the box. "give them the 'you are going down' look" Vanessa tells me. I laugh and nod and go outside of the hotel room.

Soon Shawn walks out with the pink box. "fancy to see that you're the messenger" he says giving me the pink while i gave him the blue. "i could say the same for you" i say. "maybe it's fate" he suggests. "like it is fate for you guys to lose"

He laughs and shakes his head. "but seriously, you deserve to win" he says grabbing my hand and intwining our fingers. "it would be nice, but either way i win because i have you"

"dont fall for her games, she's messing with your head" Matthew interrupts. "are you eavesdropping?" i asked a question that has a obvious answer. "i was sent to make sure you weren't messing with Shawn, that would be cheating" he says. "i'm not messing with him" i roll my eyes. "I wouldn't fall for it even if she was" Shawn says.

Matthew rolls his eyes. "have a nice night, it's going to be one to remember"
-----------------------------------------------------------

who so you want to win? the girls or the boys?😉

thank you all for 12k readers ❤️