Chapter 1 - Don't You Remember?

My eyelids flickered. I attempted to open them but it was no use. There seemed to be some sort of heavy force stopping me from opening them so I just gave in. I laid there and tried to think of where I was. I tried to remember what had happened. The last thing that flashed through my mind was a birght light and then darkness which lead to where I was now. I again attempted to open my eyes, this time with success.

The brightness of the room which I appeared to be in almost blinded me. My eyes soon adjusted and I looked around. It appeared to be a hospital room. Two rather uncomfortable looking chairs were seated at both sides of my bed. To the right of me was a small window with the beige curtain drawn shut. About 6 feet away from the end of my bed was an almost perfect white door with a glass window. I peered through the window of the door. All I could see were nurses and doctors rushing around the ward, each wheeling patients around. Some were in wheelchairs other on beds. I then looked closer at some of these patients.

All of them seemed to have some sort of repulsive and vile looking injury. There were people with missing limbs, fractured bones and wounds the size of a hand. What the hell was going on?

My thoughts were interupted as the door opened. I closed my eyes and pretended to still be asleep. I then heard footsteps towards the side of my bed and the creaking of the chair as whoever had just walked through the door sat themself down. At that moment I wished I had kept my eyes open so I could see who had just walked in. I then heard whoever it was let out a sigh.

I could tell this person was fed up just from that. I flinched as I felt this person take a hold of my hand which was laid at my side. Not too long after taking my hand I felt their forehead being laid on the back of my hand. Who was this person, and what where they doing? I decided to keep up the act of being asleep for a little longer.

" Amelia" He sighed. I flinched again as I heard him speak. It was obviously a man, I could tell from his deep voice. It was incredibly soothing and made shivers run down my spine. All he had done was say my name and it made my heart skip a beat. He sounded very attractive and I wanted to see his face but first I wanted to listen to what he had to say.

"Why does this have to happen to us?" He continued to speak and I listened closely. "Please wake up" As he said this I felt him push a piece off loose hair out of my face and behind my ear. What did he mean by 'us'?

I'd had enough of pretending to be asleep so I opened my eyes. As I did I looked towards him. He hadn't noticed I was awake because he was slummed down in the chair looking at his phone screen. From what I could see of his face so far, I was right. He was very attractive.

He had chocolate brown hair which was spiked up. I then noticed his nose, it was the kind of adorable nose which you just want to kiss over and over again. I then looked at his lips. They looked so perfect and so kissable with a hint of rosy pink in them. I then noticed he had little facial hair apart from a small amount of stubble which you could tell he would soon shave it off. He had rather bushy eyebrows and a slight monobrow but that didn't even effect how perfect his face was so far. There was still one more feature which I longed to see. His eyes.

Just at that moment he looked up and then I saw them. They were breath taking. I felt my stomach do flips as he looked right at me. They sparkled in the light of the room. They were the perfect shade of emerald green and were full of what had changed from sadness to happiness and hope. He was still staring right at me and I couldn't help but stare back into them. It was like they were drawing me in with their perfection. I then noticed his lips as they curled up into a huge grin.

"Amelia, you're awake!" He yelled. You could hear the excitement in his voice. Within seconds his arms were wrapped around me. I felt so safe and I didn't want to move but I had to. I placed my hands on his chest and gently pushed him away. He gave me a look of confusion which I returned.

"Who are you?" I questioned. The sadness soon returned to those perfect eyes along with hurt. There was a short silence which seemed to last forever. I looked at him still waiting for an answer. He eventually spoke.

"Don't you remember?"