Chapter 17 - Why Me?

Amelia's P.O.V.

No. No. No! This can't be happening to me. Why me? First I lose my memory. Then I get kissed by this idiot. The I find out Nathan kissed someone else too. Then Nathan nearly killed Jay. Then Jay kissed me again. And now... Well now he claims he loves me! Why couldn't it have been simple? Why couldn't I have come out of the hospital remembering my life? Why did I have to have this stupid fucking amnesia?!

Have you ever been so scared that you can't speak? And no matter how hard you try to speak the words just won't come out? Well that's how I felt right then. I looked at the ground as an awkward silence took over all of us. I was waiting for someone to break the silence but when I looked up everyone was looking at me. Expecting me to talk. 

I looked over to the boys who were looking at me with their jaws almost on the floor. I then looked at Nathan. The best way to describe his face was as if he was gonna kill a bitch. I then looked up to Jay. It seemed like forever for me to lift my head and look into his eyes. His facial expression looked like a childs who was awaiting an answer from their parents after just asking if they could have a certain toy for christmas. (If that makes sense) 

"Jay..I-I..." I stuttered, struggling to get my words out. "I-I don't know w-what to say?"

He then looked to the floor and raised his hands to his head, running them through his hair. 

"I do love you Jay, b-but not like, that." I said as I gave him a sympathetic smile.

"But, you just kissed me." He reasoned.

"No Jay, you kissed me and incase you didn't realise I didn't kiss you back." I replied.

"Whoah, wait a minute." Nathan interupted. "You kissed her again?!" 

"Please Nathan, just let it go." I told him. "It didn't mean anything."

"Do you not remember what happened last night?" Nathan asked Jay. Jay looked to the floor and began shuffling his feet.

"Did you hear me?" Nathan shouted at him. 

"Alright mate, you heard Amelia, just let it go, it didn't mean anything." Max got involved.

"Please Amelia." Jay begged. 

"I don't know what you want from me Jay! You know I'm with Nathan and there's no changing that anytime soon." I told him.

"But-" He began speaking but I cut him off.

"But nothing Jay. I love Nathan. Not you. I'm sorry." I apologised.

"Are you telling me that our kiss yesterday meant nothing?" He asked me. I thought back to our kiss. He was right. It did feel kind of right to me. But then again I was caught up in the moment, otherwise I would have never kissed him back. 

I looked him dead in his eyes before replying with, "That's exaclty what I'm telling you Jay." I have to admit I lied. Our kiss was amazing but it didn't compare to Nathan's. He made me feel like I was on cloud 9. I did feel rather guilty about lying though when I saw the sadness and hurt appear in his beautiful, blue eyes. I turned towards Nathan to see he still looked like he could have killed Jay. 

"Please Nathan, can we just go now?" I asked him as I tugged on his hand. 

"Yeah, sure." He replied.

Nathan and I gave all the boys, apart from Jay, one last hug before getting in the car. I waited for Nathan to get in the car and when he had I walked up to Jay. I stood before him and looked up into his eyes. He looked so broken. I leaned in and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck as his went around my body. 

"I'm sorry Jay." I whispered. I went to let go but Jay kept hold of me.

"Please, don't leave me." He sniffed.

"I have to Jay, but I'm sorry, I really am." I told him and finally pulled away from the hug. I held back my tears. It broke my heart to see him like this. I just wanted to fix him, but I couldn't. I was with Nathan and that's where I was staying.

I got in the car and strapped on my seatbelt. Nathan started the engine and began driving. As he did I looked out of the window back at all the guys. I looked across the line of them. Tom, Max and Siva all waving. Then my eyes came across Jay. He just stood there looking at the ground and eventually stormed off into the house.

Nathan's P.O.V.

I can't believe that was Amelia's reaction to this. Was that it? She was so calm about it. If it wasn't for Max and Tom being there and the fact that I'd already gone ape shit on him last night, I would have hit him again. I don't know what's wrong with him lately. If he wasn't my band mate I would probably never talk to him again, but I suppose I'm going to have to be civil with him for work purposes. But there's no way he's my friend anymore, especially after kissing my girlfriend twice and telling her he loved her right infront of me.

A comfortable silence took over the car as Amelia stared out of the window. I didn't mind the silence but Gloucester was two hours away from London and that's abit too long with out speaking for me so I decided to break the silence. I reached over and placed my hand on her knee making her jump a bit. She turned her head towards me.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She replied.

"Well after what just happened, I wasn't really sure." I told her.

"Nathan. Trust me. You have nothing to worry about. I don't like Jay like that. And I never will. All I want now is to forget about it. I just want to get to Gloucester where we can work on the album alone, away from all the stress in London. And while we're there find our own place. Once we've done that we can talk to Jay and hopefully try and fix things." She reassured me.

"Okay, that sounds like a good idea." I laughed a little.

"But Nathan?" 

"Yeah?" 

"When we get to Gloucester, at some point. Will you take me to my mums grave?" 

"Of course I will." 

"Thank you." She smiled. I had completely forgotten about that. It's been a few years since we'd been back to Gloucester, well apart from the odd couple of days when we used to go to visit my mum, but other than that we weren't really there long enough to go and visit Amelia's mum, Emily.

Actually this was perfect, maybe taking her there would help her regain some more of her memory.