Chapter 21 - Back To London

Nathan's P.O.V.

"Have you got everything?" I asked Amelia, as we placed our things in the boot of my car.

"I think so." She replied.

"Come on then, lets go." I said as I opened the passenger door for Amelia to get in.

As she got in I walked around to the driver's side of the car. Just before I got in, I turned around to look back at my Mum's house. I couldn't believe we were being kicked out but as much as I didn't want to go back to London right then, I didn't have any other choice. Just as I was about to turn away I saw my Mum stood in the window. I waved but she just closed the curtains and ignored me. That actually hurt me. Alot. Being rejected by my own Mum. In all honesty, I think she over-reacted, but if she didn't want me there, I obviously had to leave.

I opened the car door and got in, starting the engine. I slowly pulled out of the drive as I drove away from the house. There was an unwanted silence that seemed to take over the car, until Amelia spoke.

"So what are we gonna do now?" She asked.

"We'll have to go back to the house in London, and hope the boys will take us back." I replied. 

"But what about Jay? I thought you were still pissed at him?" She questioned.

"I am but at the end of the day, we're in a band together and we're going to be writing an album with him soon. Plus, he's my best friend, I can't stay mad at him forever." I said.

"Does that mean you're forgiving him?" She asked, sounding surprised.

"I suppose I'll have to." I smiled.

As mad as I was at Jay, he really was my best friend and we all make mistakes. And I loved him, he was like my brother.  

"Well I'm glad you've finally decided to forgive him." She said. "So what are you going to say to say to him when we get there?" 

"I'll just tell him that I forgive him and I hope he's still willing to be my mate." 

"I'm sure he will be, because you know, Jaythan is real." She laughed.

"Ha ha, very funny." I said, sarcastically.

"So when are we gonna start writing the new album?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Well we've already written half of it, don't you remember?" I replied.

"No." She sighed. I forgot, there's still somethings she doesn't remember.

"Well we've been writing this one for a while now. It was actually supposed to come out in March earlier this year I think, and it's July now so we've actually pushed it back quite alot but we're hoping to release it before the end of this year, so we'll probably carry on writing it as soon as we get back to London. We have a few gigs around England though so we're likely to be writing these last few tracks on the road." I told her.

"Oh right." She said.

"That means you'll have to come on the road with us for the first time." I told her. "Well it's not really on the road, it's just a couple of gigs around the country but you know what I mean."

"How long will we be 'on the road' for?" She asked.

"Just a couple of weeks."

"That's going to be an interesting couple of weeks." She laughed, and so did I.

The car then fell silent as the laughter died out. I looked over at Amelia to see she was looking out of the window, admiring our surroundings. She looked as though she was in deep thought, so I decided not to disturb her and let her think.