Chapter 35 - The Hospital

***WEDNESDAY, 18th DECEMBER***

Amelia's P.O.V.

My eyes opened slowly. I squinted as a blinding light was right it my eyes preventing me from opening them fully.

"Oh erm, let me turn out the light." I heard someone say. The blinding light was gone seconds later and the room was of an acceptable brightness for me to finally open my eyes. I opened my eyes taking in my surroundings. I was in a hospital room. Well last time this happened I'd been in a car crash so I'm not going to lie when I said I was just a tad bit worried about what the fuck had happened.

"Jay?" I asked as my eyes fell on the figure sat at the side of the lumpy and uncomfortable bed.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"What happened?" 

"You passed out," he replied, "but don't worry, the Doctor said you and the baby are fine."

A feeling of relief suddenly washed over me but then I remembered.

"Has anyone called Nathan?" I asked, panicking.

"Calm down, I called him about 20 minutes ago." 20 minutes ago, is that it.

"How long have we been here?" I asked.

Jay hesitated, "About an hour".

"Then why did you only call him 20 minutes ago?" I shouted.

"Because, everything was happening so fast! The ambulance brought you here, then you were rushed away from me to have loads of tests done and I didn't know what to do. Then some Doctors started asking me lots of questions and it just slipped my mind, I'm sorry!" He replied.

Great, now I felt bad for shouting at him.

"Jay," I paused, "I'm sorry I shouted at you, I just, I thought it would've been the first thing you did."

"No, I'm sorry for not calling him." He told me.

Jay's P.O.V.

So I might have lied. I didn't want to call Nathan. I was expecting Amelia to wake up and thank me for getting her to the hospital and making sure she was okay but that kind of backfired. She obviously wasn't impressed with me. But we had been getting along so well all day. And I kept noticing her staring at me but she didn't know I knew she was looking at me. That's what made it better. That day kind of felt like we were a couple. Out shopping and stuff. It made me smile. The thought of being with Amelia. Hopefully if we kept getting closer it would happen. This was just a minor set back. 

"Amelia Jones?" 

Amelia and I turned our heads towards the white door to see a middle aged, red haired woman stood there with a clip board in her hands.

"Yes?" Amelia responded.

"My name is Dr.Avery." She stated.

"Hi." Amelia said awkwardly, but it was so cute.

"Can you tell me what you remember feeling before you passed out?"

"Sure erm, I felt, dizzy, light headed, faint and an awful nauseating feeling took over my stomach." Amelia told the Doctor.

"Okay." Dr.Avery wrote down the things Amelia had mentioned on her clipboard, "I'll be back momentarily, I just need to refer to another Doctor."

"Okay." Amelia nodded.

"And by the way, you two make a very cute couple, congratulations on the baby. You are one very lucky man." She smiled nodding towards me before exiting through the door.