Chapter 16 - Not Again

Amelia's P.O.V.

Nathan and I spent the afternoon packing our clothes to take to his mums house. We were leaving the furniture here until we got out own place, then we would have it placed in there. I finished packing the last of my clothes into my suitcase, zipped it up and placed it next to the bedroom door. I turned around to see Nath struggling to zip his suitcase up due to the amount of clothes he just shoved in there, instead of folding them. I started to laugh and he turned around.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Nothing." I chuckled. " Do you want some help?"

"No, I can do it." He replied. I raised my eyebrow.

"Really?" I questioned.

"No." He laughed. "Please help me." 

I walked over to his suitcase and sat on top of it while he zipped it up. Once it was zipped he placed it next to mine. He then walked back over to me placing his hands on my waist while mine went around his neck. I looked up towards him. 

"Have you even asked your mum if we can stay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I called her this morning. She said we could stay as long as we needed." He replied.

"Well hopefull we won't have to stay there long. Not that I don't like your family or anything, I'm just really excited for us having our own place." I smiled.

"Me too." He replied and leaned down, kissing me softly. 

"I'm gonna take my suitcase down to the car." He said as he pulled away.

"I'll bring mine down in a minute, I just need to do something." I told him. 

"Okay." He replied as he walked over to his suitcase and dragged it down the stairs.

As soon as he'd gone I made my way out of the bedroom and into the hallway. I was still extremely pissed at Jay for the lies he's told me but I felt sorry for him. I mean, he only did it because he liked me and wanted a chance with me. Although it was never gonna happen. I still loved Jay though, he was like a brother to me so I decided to forgive him. I couldn't really tell Nath to try and be his friend again if I weren't going to try aswell.

I walked along the hallway until I arrived outside Jay's bedroom door. I knocked before slowly opening the door to reveal Jay laid on his bed. He sat up as soon as he saw me.

"Amelia, what are you doing in here? I thought you were pissed at me." He asked.

"I am, well I was, I just-" I paused. "You're like a brother to me Jay, and I love you like you actually are my brother and sometimes brothers and sisters argue, just like this." 

He stood up from his bed and walked over to me.

"What I'm trying to say is, although you did a pretty dickish thing, you are my brother and I'm forgiving you." I smiled. He smiled back.

"But Nathan still hates me." He frowned. 

"I don't think he hates you, I just think he's a little mad. Which is partly why we're going to Gloucester, so he can have time to think, and I'm sure when he's thinking he'll realise that you're too much of a good friend to lose." I reassured him.

"I'm gonna miss you when you're gone." He said.

"I'll miss you too Jay, but you'll still see me at work. I mean we are co-writing an album together." I laughed.

"But it won't be the same." He sighed. He started walking towards me slowly. With each step he took towards me, I took one back.

"Why won't it?" I asked. By this time my back was pressed against the wall and I had no where else to go.

"Because I won't be able to see you whenever I want, or do this." He finished speaking and leaned towards me, pressing his lips onto mine. He grabbed my hands and placed them on the wall above my head so I couldn't get away. He continued to kiss me but this time I didn't kiss him back. I knew what I wanted and it wasn't Jay. It was Nathan. I tried desperatley to get away but he kept me pressed against the wall. I eventually freed my hands and put them on his chest pushing him away from me.

I watched as he stumnbled back away from me. He put his hand up to his mouth, his fingers tracing where my lips had just been. I just stood there in shock at what he'd just done. After I'd just forgiven him and he decided to do what had caused all these arguments in the first place again. A million different thoughts ran through my mind but one stood out the most. Not again.

I couldn't even speak I was so shocked. I just left him stood there and went to my room, grabbed my suitcase and made my way down the stairs and out to the car where Nathan was waiting for me.

"What took so long?" He asked me.

"Huh?" I questioned him. I wasn't really listening to him, I was too distracted by what had just happened.

"I said what took you so long?" He repeated.

"Oh, I was, erm, just checking I hadn't forgot anything." I looked at him and smiled faintly. 

He picked up my suitcase and placed it in the boot of his car. We both turned back towards the house as we heard the boys, apart from Jay, coming out of the door to send us off. They all ran up to Nath giving him man hugs and told him it wouldn't be the same without him. They then turned to me also giving me hugs, but much more gentle than the hugs they'd given Nath. We were about to get in the car but we both stopped when we saw Jay running out of the house. For fuck sake, why the hell did he have to come out?

Nathan's P.O.V.

We finished saying goodbye to all the boys, well all of them except Jay who wasn't there. I walked round to the driver's side and was about the get in when I heard someone running towards the car. I looked up to see Jay running along to drive towards Amelia. I know Amelia said to try and be his friend but I really didn't trust him so I went and stood next to her, wrapping my arm protectively around her waist.

"Wait, don't go yet!" He shouted as he ran up to the car. He stopped infront of Amelia and placed his hands on his knees as he tried to regain his breath.

"Jay, what are you doing?" She whispered to him, but I still heard.

"You can't go." He said, still panting.

"What are you talking about?" She asked, getting frustrated. I tightened my grip on her waist.

"You can't go because." He paused and looked at the boys, then at me and then back to Amelia. "Because I love you."

No. Fucking. Way. Does he have a death wish or something?