Chapter 27 - We're Having A Baby!

***STILL FRIDAY, AUGUST 30TH***

Nathan's P.O.V.

As we approached my Mum's house, I could feel my heart pounding against my ribs. I'd spent most of the day trying to convince Amelia that Mum would be fine with the baby, but truth had it, I had no idea how she would react. I just hoped she'd be supportive.

We were now stood in front of the door and as I slowly raised my hand to knock I felt Amelia take my free hand in hers as she interlocked our fingers and squeezed my hand.

"Here goes nothing." I murmured.

I continued to raise my hand to the door and knocked a few times before taking a step back away from the door.

My heart carried on racing as I anticipated the opening of the door. I guess I was worried that she would still be mad at me for what happened and then be even angrier about the baby. There was only one way too find out what she would to say and I think I was about the find out as the door opened to reveal my Mum. She looked completely and utterly shocked.

"Nathan? Amelia?" She even sounded shocked. I knew this was a bad idea.

"Hi Mum." I smiled, trying to relieve some of the tension. "Long time, no see."

"Wha-what are you doing here?" She questioned, still shocked.

"Can we please come in so we can talk?" I asked, not sure if it was the right thing to say.

"Erm, okay." She answered slowly. She stepped to the side, letting me and Amelia walk in. I lead Amelia into the living room as Mum closely followed. We sat on the three-seater couch while my Mum sat on the arm chair which was opposite the couch. Amelia and myself shifted uncomfortably on the couch as Mum's eyes burned into us.

"So... Where's Phil and Jess?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"Phil is at work and Jess is at her friend's house." Mum replied.

"Oh right." I replied as the room went silent. I knew I would have to say it eventually but I just didn't know how.

"Is there a reason you're here Nathan?" Mum asked, sounding rather fed up.

"Look, we just wanted to say we're incredibly sorry about what happened and we won't be surprised if you don't forgive us, it's just." I sighed. "It's been eating away at me knowing that my own Mother doesn't want anything to do with me because of a stupid mistake."

I looked up to see her looking quite sympathetic.

"We're really, really, really sorry and I was just hoping, if you would forgive us and start talking to me again because I miss you. I miss not being able to call you at the end of the day to tell you about the amazing work we will have done in the studio, or about something ridiculously stupid one of the boys has done, or to just tell you that I love you." Geez, I didn't even realise I was crying until I felt a tear roll down my cheek, what a man I am.

"I forgive you." I looked up to see Mum crying too in the arm chair.

"Come here." She said as she stood up to open her arms out for a hug. I got up in an instant rushing over to her as I wrapped my arms around her. I was taller than Mum so her head kinda rested against my chest as I placed my head on top of hers.

"I love you Mum." I whispered as I kissed the top of her head.

"I love you too Nath." She replied. God, we were both a mess with tears. When we eventually pulled away we looked at each other and let out a little chuckle at the state we were in.