Chapter 43 - Like A Bright Emerald Jewel

***THURSDAY, 13th MARCH***

Amelia's P.O.V.

For the past nearly 2 weeks all the boys had done was rehearse for the tour. It was really starting to take a toll on all of them. They were literally always exhausted. Just goes to show how much they cared about their fans. The amount of effort and time they'd put into rehearsals was nothing in comparison to how they'd actually be on the tour though. They would be a million times better. But right now, it was nice to finally have a lie in with Nathan because I'd barely seen him since tour rehearsals and I was only going to see him less when the tour started. 

Nath was currently laid with his back away from me. I checked the alarm clock on the bed side table. It was 8 and he had to go at 10 for the final day of rehearsing for the tour. That probably gave us at least an hour before he would have to get up to get ready. I placed gentle kisses on his back between his shoulder blades. His skin was warm and soft. I smiled as he stirred in his sleep, turning so he was laid on his back, leaving me with the perfect view of his face, and torso. 

I don't know why I did it, but literally every time we were in this situation, I couldn't help but stare at him. He was just so perfect, and I still couldn't believe he was mine. I had the most amazing view of his features. His thick eyebrows looked even more thick than usual, his nose as defined as always made his cheekbones stand out more, highlighting the rest of his face. He was shirtless, as usual, but I certainly wasn't complaining, because yet again, our blanket was only covering him from around the waist down. I wanted him to stay asleep so I could keep admiring him, without feeling like I was staring at him. The morning light from the gap in the curtains of our room, illuminated his face.

I took this as an opportunity to inspect his face with more detail. He had a few freckles on his cheeks and lips were big. His eyebrows got thinner as they reached his temples. I also noticed that he must've shaved because there was no evidence of any facial hair. He had some spots scattered around his face, mainly his forehead if anywhere. But most of them where covered by his tousled hair which had fallen on his face. I felt the urge to sweep the lock of hair off his forehead, but I wished I hadn't because it must've woke him up.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

He lips curved upwards into a smile. "What for?" His voice was low, and husky.

"Waking you. I know you need the sleep."

"What were you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing." I smiled.

He moved closer to me.

"Liar. You were staring again. Weren't you?" He smirked.

Instead of replying, I just blushed. He smirked again once he caught a glimpse of my scarlet cheeks.

I ignored him and continued my admiration of his perfection. Now his eyes were open, the light from the window only brightened his eyes more. They looked very immense and at that moment, very, very green. Like a bright emerald jewel. I noticed that there were specks of brown which had formed within his iris. I cherished his eyes. They were the most beautiful colour and I could only hope that our son or daughter would inherit his wondrous eyes and not my plain, dull brown eyes. 

I lowered my gaze to his exposed torso and I knew it was going to be difficult to then tear my gaze away. Without even thinking about it, my hands, as if they had a mind of their own, were placed on his lower abdomen. He shivered and I just shrugged it off as my hands being cold considering his skin felt warm under my hands.

I could feel his eyes watching me as my hands continued their journey around his perfectly sculpted body, but I didn't care because I kept exploring his chest until my hands reached the top half of his body. My fingertips ended up slowly, and lightly, travelling over his collarbones. It was the first time I'd ever admired him with such detail, and it was definitely not a let down. He may not have had a six pack , but his abdomen was flat and defined. He was fit.