Chapter 6 - Sleepless Night

I had now been laid in bed for what felt like forever without even the tiniest bit of sleep. I turned over to look at the clock on the dresser next to my bed. "12:30" So I'd actually been trying to get to sleep for two hours. Why couldn't I sleep? I tossed and turned unable to get comfortable. What was wrong with me, have I always been like this? Since I wasn't going to sleep anytime soon I decided to get a drink. 

I slowly got out of my bed and opened the door to my room trying to be as quiet as possible. I turned down the hallway and headed for the stairs. Halfway down that's when I realised I didn't actually know where the kitchen was. I wandered into the front room and saw a door opposite me. I walked over and opened it to reaveal what was on the other side. To my luck it was the kitchen. I sighed with releif and walked in closing the door behind me. I then began to look for the light switch. I found it on the wall to the left of the door. I switched it on then turned around only to be scared half to death.

"Nathan, what are you doing up?" I asked him. He was sat at the breakfast bar with a glass of water.

"I couldn't sleep, what are you doing up?" He asked in return.

"I couldn't sleep either so I came to get a glass of water too, but then I realised I don't actually know where anything is." I laughed. As I said this he got up and to show me where everything in the kitchen was and I tried my best to memorise it. He then got me a glass of water and handed it to me before sitting back down at the breakfast bar. I didn't want to leave him down here alone so I went to sit with him.

"Why couldn't you sleep?" I asked him trying to make conversation. He sighed before he answered me.

"Because you weren't with me." He looked down hanging his head. I felt so guilty. He just wanted his girlfiend back and for things to go back to the way there were. I wanted that too but I didn't know how things were before so how was I supposed to make things go back to normal. He finished his water and placed his glass in the sink. 

"Goodnight Amelia." He said before he walked back upstairs to bed. I sighed when he left. I just wanted to make things right.

Nathan's P.O.V -

I walked back up the stairs to bed. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep without Amelia but there was no point in hanging around downstairs with her. I knew why she couldn't sleep I just didn't want to have to tell her. She could only sleep when she was cuddled up to me. I know it might sound cheesy but she never slept a full night until we shared a bed. She even told me after our first few months of being together. 

I finally reached my room at the end of the hallway and I dragged my feet back over to my bed after I closed the door behind me. I laid there and remembered all the good times I had with Amelia. Like our first kiss.

*FLASHBACK, NATHAN'S P.O.V*

I was about to take Amelia out on our fifth date. I took her for a late night picnic in the local park but before I took her down I decorated the park with fairy lights and scented candles and a trail of rose petals to where we were going to sit. I was picking her up at 7:30 and it was 7:20. I borrowed my mums car since I had only just got my drivers licence and didn't have my own car yet. I set off to her house. I pulled up outside and got out of the car. As I walked up to the door I straightened out my jacket making sure I looked good. I raised my hand and knocked on the door the stood patiently as I waited for someone to answer. It was her mum.

"Nathan!" She said sounding quite happy to see me. "Come in." She said as she moved to the side to let me past.

"Where's Amelia?" I asked as I walked in.

"She'll be down in a minute." She smiled "Would you like anything to drink while you wait?"

"No, we have to leave in a minute so I probably won't have time so I'll just wait by the door for Amelia." I smiled. 

"Okay, I hope you both have fun." She said before she walked back into the front room. I stood waiting at the front door and played on my phone as I waited. I heard someone clearing their throat and looked up at the stairs to see Amelia stood there. She looked absoloutely amazing, I was speechless. 

"What do you think?" She said as she walked down the stairs.

"You look, just so, wow." I evetually spoke, words just couldn't describe her. She laughed as I answered.

"I'm going mum, I love you." She shouted to her mum before we left. I walked her to the car and opened the door for her. "Thank you." She smiled as she got in. I walked round to the other side and got in, starting the car.

"So, where are we going?" She asked.

"It's a suprise." I replied

"Pretty please?" She begged.

I laughed. "Nope, you'll just have to wait and see." I smiled. She sat back in her chair and pouted. I just continued to laugh. We pulled up outside the park but before we got out I pulled a scarf out of my pocket.

"Here put this on." I said as I handed it to her. She looked confused but just went along with it and put in on. 

"Can you see anything?" I asked waving my hand infront of her face.

"Nope." She replied. With that I got out and walked round to her side of the car, opened the door and helped her out. I wrapped one arm around her waist and with the other I held her hand as I lead her into the park.

"Are we almost there?" She aksed.

"We should be there, right about, now." I said as I took the scarf off. Infront of us laid on the floor were rose petals going along the path. At the end of the path was a small field which over looked Gloucester. This was on the other side of the park away from the kids play area. On the field laid a blanket and a picnic basket. Scattered around the blanket on the field were lots of scented candles. Then in the trees which enclosed on us were thousands of hanging fairy lights. 

"What do you think?" I asked as I nervously awaited her reply.

"It's perfect." She smiled and turned to hug me. I held her tight before pulling away and leading her over to the blanket. We ate the picnic then sat and talked for an hour or so. It got to about 9 and the sun was starting the set in the distance. I turned my head towards Amelia to see she was admiring it as it set.

"It's beautiful." She said never taking her eyes away.

"Just like you." I smiled, as I said this she turned towards me and smiled in return. I noticed her looking down towards my lips. I then looked at hers to see she was biting her bottom lip. She moved over closer to me and sat straddling me. I then placed my hands on her waist as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I slowly started to lean towards her. I had waited a long time to do this I had been friendzoned for so long it was now finally my chance.

As I leaned in she leaned the rest of the way. I softly pressed my lips against hers. Her lips were so perfect and kissable. I continued to kiss her gently and she kissed me back. It soon turned very passionate and  heated so we stopped before we did anything stupid. She then laid beside me with her head laid on my chest as I drew patterns on her back with my fingers. The sun had set so we then spent the rest of the night star gazing and talking about anything and everything.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Nathan's P.O.V.

I smiled as I remembered. I just wished she could have her memory back so things would go back to normal. I continued to remember all the good times when I heard the door to my room being opened. I sat up but I couldn't actually see because the lights were turned off. I then heard the door close.

"Amelia?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"What are you doing?" 

"I couldn't sleep and I didn't want to  be on my own." She said as she walked over the the bed. "Can I sleep with you?" She asked.

"Of course." I said and lifted up the blanket so she could get in. She got in and crawled over to me. She laid her head on my chest. I was really suprsied after what she said earlier but I wasn't going to question it I was just glad she was here. I smiled and started to draw patters on her back with my fingers. Just like old times. She soon fell asleep on my chest . I kissed the top of her head and smiled. I felt myself drifting off and soon fell asleep cuddled up to Amelia with a smile on my face.