Chapter 34 - Black

***TUESDAY, 17th DECEMBER***

Nathan's P.O.V.

"Are you sure you'll be okay when I'm gone?" I asked Amelia for what must've been the 100th time that day.

"Yes Nathan, I'm sure." She assured me. 

"I'll miss you." I said, pouting.

"I'll miss you too but you like you said, it's only a few days, you'll be back by Friday."

"I know but I hate leaving you and the baby." I said as I dropped to my knees to kiss the small baby bump.

She laughed.

"Stand up you muppet." 

I laughed as I stood up.

"Make sure you don't get too close to Jay." I said lowering my voice in case he heard me from the kitchen.

"Don't worry, nothing's going to happen."

"I just don't see why you can't come with me." I whined.

"I already told you, I have my anomaly scan on Thursday."

"Why can't you reschedule it?" I asked.

"Because, I already have. I was supposed to have it 2 weeks ago but I forgot... so it's been moved to Thursday. Plus, this is the scan you're supposed to have between 18 and 21 weeks of your pregnancy and I'm going to be 22 weeks on the day of the scan so I can't delay it anymore." She told me.

"I just wish my Mum, Jess and Phil hadn't decided to go to Spain for Christmas, then I wouldn't even need to leave but my Mum made me promise I'd stay for a few days since I'm not going to see them on Christmas day this year. She really wanted you to be there too." I said, hoping to guilt her into coming with me.

"I really wanted to go too but I've told you, it's this scan!" She argued.

"Okay, I know, I get it!" I said putting my hands up in defence.

Amelia laughed before rolling her eyes. She then put her hands out and grabbed mine pulling me closer to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist as hers slung around my neck. I could feel her baby bump pressed against my body. It made me smile. That was my baby in there. Our baby.

I kissed up from her collar bone, up her neck, along her jawline and finally to her perfect lips. She kissed me back. The kiss was passionate and desperate. My lips moved hungrily against hers  as her hands made there way to the back of my head, gripping my soft hair, causing me to groan at the gesture. Our breathing became heavier as my tongue begged for entrance which she granted me. It was getting heated and I didn't care. I wouldn't be able to kiss her for 3 days. 

"Ew, get a room, that's disgusting." Jay laughed as he walked past the hallway at the front door where we were stood.

We pulled away and laughed slightly as Jay walked off leaving us alone again. I pressed my forehead against Amelia's and let my eyes examine her face. Her dark, brown eyes. Her perfect button nose. And then her lips, Those pink, plump lips which she was biting down on at that moment, driving me insane. 

"God, I'm going to miss you." I breathed out, with a hint of sadness.

"Just promise me something Sykes?" 

"Anything."

"If anything happens while you're gone, promise me you'll get back here as soon as you can."

"Of course." I replied.

"I love you." She smiled.

It's hard to explain how it made me feel whenever I heard those 3 words leave her mouth. It made my heart ache and feel like it was going to explode with the warmth she made me feel. I don't even know it that makes sense but when did love ever make sense. I didn't care. It made sense to me. She was the only thing that made sense to me. The only thing that mattered. The effect she had on me was ridiculously huge. And I don't know how I managed to survive around her daily without doing something stupid.