Chapter 38 - One Night Stand

***THURSDAY, 9th JANUARY***

Jay's P.O.V.

I spent the last two nights at my new flat. I hadn't actually told Amelia or Nathan but I'd found a new place to stay weeks before, I just didn't to mention anything because I knew it would interfere with my plan. Ha. My 'plan'. My fucked up plan, that went so well. I was a fucking idiot. 

As soon as I left Amelia's the other day I felt lost. I felt like an idiot. And I felt heartbroken. So I did what any heartbroken guy would do. I went and got absolutely hammered at the bar which was two blocks away from my new flat. I wanted to get so drunk I wouldn't even be able to remember who Amelia and Nathan were. It worked. For a while. So I did the same thing the next night. I went and got so drunk, the bar staff actually stopped serving me and sent me home.

I woke up the following day at 2 in the afternoon. I thought about doing the same thing again that night. The previous two 2 nights felt like they were missing something considering Amelia was still stuck in my head. The guilt of what I'd tried to do was eating me alive. The alcohol wasn't doing enough to help me forget. I needed something else. Then it hit me.

That night when I went out, not only would I get pissed out of my head, I'd find a girl. No one important. Just a quick fuck. To make me realise that there are other girls out there. Girls that weren't Amelia and weren't starting their own family. That was it. That was what I going to do. I would go out, get drunk and have a one night stand. 

I continued to lay in bed. I didn't see the point in getting up. I hadn't eaten since the day I got kicked out. I hadn't spoke to anyone. Max, Tom and Siva had tried to call me several times but I ignored them. To make it even better, none of them knew about my flat so they couldn't exactly come looking for me either. But that was the day I got a text that shocked me. 

It was from Nathan.

I opened the text not really knowing what to expect.

From Nathan: We need to talk.

I laughed a little when I read it. There was no way I was going to talk to him. I'd have to see Amelia and I was trying to forget about her. Plus, Nathan would only remind me of her. I wasn't going to talk to him. No way in hell. Plus, I knew he'd be furious with me. I felt too guilty, embarrassed and stupid to see Nathan or Amelia. I was going to go out again and find a one night stand.

--------------------

The music was loud and I could feel the vibrations from the bass as they passed through my stool which I was sat on at the bar. I looked around, my eyes drinking in my surroundings. The club was full of young adults and a few teens who looked far too young to even be in a place like that. The majority of the people there were dancing on the dance floor. I wouldn't really have called it dancing to be honest though. It was pretty much just girls grinding on guys and feeling each other up.

I turned back to the bar and placed my glass back on the counter before calling the bar maid over.

"Same again?" She asked with a smile showing off her perfectly straight, white teeth. She was pretty. In fact she was gorgeous. Incredibly sexy too. She was probably the best looking person in the entire building. She had bright blue doe-eyes. The complete opposite from Amelia's. Her hair was short, blonde and straight. Again, the complete opposite to Amelia's. Fuck why was she still in my head. She needed to leave.

"Yes please." I eventually answered. She took my glass and filled it back up with same drink I'd had all night.

"So, what's a handsome guy like you doing alone in a bar like this? Are you waiting for someone, a girlfriend I presume?" She asked, with the same friendly smile.