Chapter 48 - I'm Afraid It's Bad News

Nathan's P.O.V.~

"Nathan... why is there blood everywhere?" Amelia asked, as she looked down at the bed, panic written all over her face.

I didn't have chance to reply before she spoke again,

"Oh my God, Nathan! I'm bleeding! What do I do?" She suddenly screamed out.

My heart started racing against my chest as I rose from my seat, Alexis still in my arms.

"I-I erm, I'll go fetch a doctor!" I panicked.

I went over to the other side of the room and gently placed Alexis in the Moses basket which was set up. As soon as she was out of my arms, I ran for the door to get some help.

I pulled the door with much more force than needed causing it to swing open. I ran out and saw all the boys sat in the waiting room as well as Kev and Tori.

"Nathan? What's wrong?" Seev said as he saw me.

"It's A-Amelia." I managed to stutter out.

"What's happened?" Max chirped in.

"Sh-she's b-bleeding!" I continued to stutter in my state of panic. 

I couldn't lose her. I almost lost her once, not again.

I started feeling dizzy, the panic and worry was all too much. I didn't know what to do. 

"Someone go get a doctor!" I heard one of the boys shout. 

I hadn't realised but I spaced out in my state of fear.

"Nathan? Nathan? Nathan!" I looked up to see Jay waving his hand infront of my face.

"Just relax, a doctor is on the way. Max and Tom went to go find Dr.Bowers." He tried to assure me, but unfortunately, it didn't work.

"Oh God, I left her alone!" I said before turning around to run back into her room closely followed by Jay and Siva while Kev and Tori waited outside, clearly confused and unsure of what to do.

As I re-entered the room I felt my heart shatter. Amelia was sat with her back pressed against the headboard of the bed, her cheeks tear stained as the tears continued to flow from her precious, brown eyes. 

"Nathan." She managed to breath out between her sobs.

"It's okay baby, I'm here. I've got you, you're going to be fine. I promise." I attempted to reassure her as I made my way over to the side of her bed, pulling her close to me as I repeatedly kissed her head but the truth was. I had no idea if she was going to be fine.

I held her in my arms as she continued to sob, her cries causing her body to shake uncontrollably. I held her impossibly tighter as I pulled her head into my chest. I looked over to see Jay and Siva awkwardly stood there unaware of what to do.

"Can you guys go see what's taking them two so long?" I shouted, not because I was mad. But in fact because I was terrified of losing Amelia.

As soon as they left I pulled away from Amelia and placed my fingers under her chin, causing her to look at me.

This only caused my heart to swell and ache more as I saw the dread in her eyes.

At that moment it occurred to me, that I could possibly lose her , so I had to make sure. I had to make sure she knew exactly how I felt.

"Amelia." I whispered as I pressed my forehead against hers, my own eyes now beginning to shed tears. I brought my hands up to her face as I cupped her soft cheeks, the pad of my thumb, cautiously stroking away her tears.