Chapter 2 - What Happened?

His eyes were now burning into me as he awaited an answer. I looked away from him. What was I supposed to remember? The only thing I knew right then was that my name was Amelia Jones and I was 19. I couldn't even remember my parents, if I had any siblings or if we had a pet. I could only remember those two basic facts. 

I looked back up to his perfect eyes and just shook my head. I saw the disappointment and hurt take over his face as he sat back in the chair. I didn't really know what to do at this point as an awkward silence took over the room. The silence was then broken by him.

"Do you not even remember my name?" He asked, I could hear the pain in his voice.

"No, I'm sorry." I replied. I didn't even know him and it was killing me to see him like this. "What is your name?" I asked trying to fill the silence that once again took over the room.

He let out a little smile "It's Nathan, Nathan Sykes." He eventually replied and placed his head in his hands.

Nathan? I tried to think to see if his name rung any bells but sadly nothing came to mind. It was clear that I obviously meant something to him. Was I his sister or maybe a friend? I was curious to find out.

"How do you know me?" I asked and his head shot back up. His facial expressed still showed that he was hurt but that looked like it had cut him like a knife.

"You're my girlfriend." He replied with a hint of sadness. 

Damn. I wasn't expecting that. I couldn't even remember him. Something bad must've happened to me if I couldn't remember something as big that. The words started to sink into my brain. They then began to repeat in my mind. The more they played in my mind the more I was in disbelief. There was no way I had a boyfriend as hot as him. He was perfection. He looked like he needed a model on his arm not someone like me.

"I'm, y-you're girlfriend?" I questioned him. A puzzled look took over his face.

"Yes." Was his simple reply. 

I wanted to know more about what happened to me and why I couldn't remember anything about myself apart from my name and age. So I decided to ask 'Nathan'. I looked over at him to see he still had that sad look upon his face. I took a breath before speaking which seemed to grab his attention. 

"Nathan?" I asked.

"Yes" He replied.

"What happened to me?" I asked, waiting for his answer. He looked at me also taking a breath before speaking.

"You were in a car accident." He said in almost a whisper. "Well a pile up to be exact, on a very busy motorway."

I gasped. I was in complete and utter shock. I'd been in a, car accident? I was in even more disbelief about this than the unexcpected announcement of me being his girlfriend. I couldn't believe it. I refused to believe it. There was no way this was happening. Then I remembered looking through the window on my room door. All those people with the disturbing injuries. Nathan said it was a pile up. They must've been in the accident too. But why didn't I have any injuriues? I was about to ask Nathan as I heard the door to my room open.

I turned my head to see a tall gentleman walk in. He looked like he was in his mid-thirties. He had a mix of grey and black hairs on his head and a small grey beard. He looked rather stressed and tired. You could tell from the bags that hung under his deep brown eyes which seemed to bulge once he saw me.

"You're awake Amelia!" He said with a suprised tone.  He walked over to the opposite side of my bed from Nathan. "I'm Dr.Smith." He said with a smile before asking me if I felt any pain. I shook my head in reply. 

"Can you tell me what happened in the crash?" He asked me. I shook my head again.

"Well what do you remember?" He questioned me.

"Nothing." I replied. With that Nathan stood up from his seat and stormed out of the room. We both chose to ignore this for the time being.

"Do you mean you don't remember anything from the crash?" He asked me sounding more conerned.

"No, I don't remember anything just my name and age." I replied. As I said this a look of terror appeared on his face as he took a seat. He began to scare me and I wanted to know what was happening.

"What, what's wrong?" I asked, I think he sensed the fear in my voice.

"I'm afraid you have..." He paused.

"What, what do I have?" I asked getting more and more desperate for a reply.

"You have amnesia." He replied with sadness in his voice. 

Amnesia? I have, Amnesia? Oh shit.