Chapter 46 - So Close But So Far

Ameia's P.O.V~

Kev just stood there looking at me and to be honest he looked pretty scared. He was going to be useless.

"Kev! What do I do?!" I shouted. I was really panicking by then. I was so scared.

"Erm, I erm... Someone call an ambulance!" He shouted at the staff who were stood at the side of the stage.

"I will." I heard a familiar voice.

I turned my head to see who it was.

Tori.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

She got her phone out of her pocket and called 999. 

"We should probably get you out of here." Kev said.

"You don't say!" I replied sarcastically.

Kev grabbed my arm and began escorting me away from the side of the stage and to the dressing room.

"Why are we here?" I was confused.

"Just wait here until the ambulance comes." He said.

At that moment Tori ran into the dressing room.

"The ambulance is on it's way." She said.

I couldn't believe this was actually happening. But I was slightly confused, I thought that when your water broke that's when you started having contractions but so far I'd felt nothi-

"Ahhh! Oh my fucking God!" Spoke too soon.

"What is it?!" Kev asked, panicking

"My first contraction!" I screamed through the pain.

"What do we do?" Kev asked Tori.

"I don't know, hold her hand or something!" Tori replied. Seconds later Kev put his hand out for me to take it. I didn't think twice before I reached out and grabbed his hand, squeezing it with all the strength I had.

"Oww!" Kev yelped. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I hurt you!" I retorted as I tilted my head to side. 

I managed to make it though my first contraction and the pain subsided... temporarily.

"Where's Nathan?" I asked, breathing heavily.

"He's on stage." Tori replied.

"Well I need him!" I groaned.

"I know but he's in the middle of performing." Tori said.

"What am I gonna do? I can't do this without him!" I moaned. 

"I'll go see if the ambulance is here yet." Kev said, as he jogged out of the room.

"Oh my God." My eyes widened.

"What is it?" Tori asked as she approached me.

"My second contraction. I can feel it com- owww! Oh my God! It's here!" I screamed as I shut my eyes tighltly.

"Here, squeeze my hand." Tori offered. I didn't hesitate to grab her hand and squeeze it like I'd done to Kev.

This was weird. When I imagined all this happening this was not what I expected. I did not expect to be backstage at a concert squeezing the hand of a girl I barely knew while Big Kev of all people was with me. 

"It's gone." I breathed out as I released Tori's hand.

"She's right through here." I heard Kev's voice.