Chapter 41 - Dubai Jazz Festival

***THURSDAY, 13th FEBRUARY***

Amelia's P.O.V.

It was that awful time again. That time when I had to say goodbye to Nathan because he had to leave because of work commitments. Meaning he had to fly somewhere halfway across the world to perform. This time it was all the way to Dubai. But luckily he was going to be back on Saturday. He and the boys were catching a flight out today, staying tonight, doing the gig Friday night then staying again and then getting a flight back on Saturday morning.

It was currently 6 in the morning and Nathan was running around like a lunatic trying to pack his suitcase because he'd left it the last minute like the typical guy does and considering he had to leave in an hour to get to the airport for an 8 hour plane journey wasn't really helping his situation.

"Amelia?" Nathan called walking up the stairs.

"What now? I moaned from the comfort of our bed. As much as I loved him, he wasn't leaving for another hour so I wasn't getting up to say goodbye until I needed to.

"Where are my white converse?" He asked as he walked into our bedroom.

"I don't know, have you checked the shoe rack?" I asked as I continued to lay in the bed.

"Yeah, they weren't there." He said as he walked over to his set of drawers and began taking some t-shirts out to put in his suitcase which was in the middle of our bedroom floor.

"Have you checked the wardrobe?" I murmured.

"No, why would they be in there?" He asked.

"Just look." I said.

"Fine." He raised his hands in defence. I heard the doors of the wardrobe open followed by a silent Nathan.

"Well?" I waited for his reply.

"I did not put them there." He said as he took them out.

"Well I didn't so..." I trailed off.

30 minutes later, he's finally finished packing everything he would need for the short trip. He carried his suitcase down the stairs and to the front door, ready for him to get when he left. As I continued to lay in bed, I heard him rushing around downstairs.

"Nathan?" I called. 

"Yeah?" He replied as he continued to rush around.

"Come here!" I shouted.

"What? Can't you see I'm busy trying to get ready." He said as he entered our room.

"Come here." I repeated.

"What?" He said as he sat on the edge of the bed next to me.

"My back's hurting." I said. He sighed. 

"Your lucky I love you." He said as he laid next to me on top of the covers and began massaging my back.

"I can't believe you're not going to be here on Valentine's day." I complained.

"I know, it sucks but I can't help work." He said. "But don't worry, I'll make it up to you when I get back." He kissed my neck.

I turned over so I could face him.

"You're such a tease." I said. He laughed and winked at me.

"You know you love it." He said proudly.

"No I don't." I lied, I loved it, but I just wanted to wind him up.

"Don't make me tickle you." He warned. The bastard. That was my weakness.