Chapter 40 - Out With The Lads

***FRIDAY, 7th FEBRUARY***

Jay's P.O.V.

I admired my reflection in the full length mirror which hung in the bedroom of my flat. My black button up shirt, black skinny, but not too skinny, jeans and finally my new brown oxford flats. My hair had grown a lot since Max shaved it so the majority of my curls had returned. I was also currently growing my beard out a bit but not too much because then the label would tell me my beard was too 'beardy' again. 

The rest of the lads and I had organised a night out together before the Dubai gig so we could all catch up since none of us had really seen each other with all the time off we'd had. And also they said they were gonna help me find a girl which I told them it was highly unlikely but they insisted.

Nathan and I had spoke a few times after that night he came to my flat to tell me about what Amelia had said. He said he wasn't as mad as he was at first with me but still said he wouldn't forgive me but there was a part of me that thought deep down, he wanted to forgive me but he was just being stubborn. We did what he'd told me to did which was forget about it and basically act like it never happened which was surprisingly easy. I hadn't however spoken to Amelia and this usually would've bothered me but I think that I was finally moving on from her. She was right, I probably never really loved her. I was just lonely. And hopefully this night out was going to fix that.

I was supposed to be getting a taxi to meet the boys at the club, Jalouse in London, where we would be spending our  night. I checked I had the stuff I might've needed for the night ahead before heading out to the taxi which was waiting outside for me. The journey was quicker than expected and when I arrived I saw all the boys, apart from Nathan, stood outside the club. I paid the taxi driver before getting out. 

It was quite a challenge actually getting to the boys as there was a lot of paparazzi and other people who were trying to enter the club waiting outside. As soon as I stepped out of the taxi the only thing I saw was the bright flashes from the cameras which were being shoved in my face. This only added to the difficulty of getting to the boys but I eventually got to them. They were stood at the front of the queue to enter.

"Hey, Bird's here!" Tom shouted when he saw me. Max and Siva then looked up and noticed me.

"Bird!" Max exclaimed before pulling me in for a man hug. Siva followed suit.

"Where's Nath?" I asked, curious. I was really hoping he was going to come. So we could catch up properly too and that he could see that I was getting over Amelia so he'd maybe forgive me.

"You know Nath, he's always late." Siva said causing us to nod in agreement.

"Okay boys, you can go in now." The bouncer said letting us past.

As soon as we entered I was deafened by the bassy music which was echoing throughout the entire club. I felt someone grab my arm and turned to see it was Max pulling me towards a table for us to sit at.

"Mate, there are so many fit lasses in here tonight." Max said as he examined the girls in the club. "That only makes it easier for us to help you to find someone."

I laughed.

"Well you can try but nothing will probably work." I told him.

"What are you talking about? I'm a great wing man." Max said, serious.

"Okay, I believe you." I told him.

"Are you being sarcastic?" He asked.

"No, not all." I continued the sarcastic tone.

Max just shook his head before he laughed.

"Cocky little bastard." He smiled.

"I'll go get the first round of drinks." Tom said as he stood up to go to the bar.