Chapter 45 - It's Time

***FRIDAY, 21st MARCH***

Amelia's P.O.V~

I awoke that morning with a mixed feeling of happiness, excitement and a slightly sick feeling, but that was probably just due to the pregnancy. I still couldn't believe I was 36 weeks pregnant and was going to be giving birth in around a month. I'm not gonna lie when I say I was scared. After all the reading I'd done and the recent talks I'd had with Karen since she'd been staying with me, all that came to mind was; pain. Apparently it hurt. A lot. That's when I decided to look on the bright side, once the pain was gone, I'd have a beautiful son or daughter.

Nathan and I had decided that we wanted to sex of the baby to be a surprise. I didn't mind if we had a boy or a girl but I think Nathan secretly really wanted to have a girl. He wanted someone he could be protective over and I thought it was incredibly cute. We hadn't decided on any names yet but we'd had a conversation a few weeks ago discussing the possibilities. If it was a boy we were either going to call him Elliot or James, because of Nathan's middle name. If it was a girl she would be called Emily after my Mum or Alexis, or Lexi for short. 

I was excited because that night was the first night I would be seeing the boys on their tour in Sheffield. I was also happy because I would be seeing Nathan after not being able to see him for a week. God only knew how I was going to cope while he was touring in America, and we still had no idea what we were going to do about the baby being born while he was over there. He would probably just have to fly over when I went into labour and hope that he'd get back in time. 

I got up pretty late that day, at around 11. All this extra weight was making me tired and giving me even worse backache. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to make a cup of tea. As I walked in, I noticed Karen sat at the island doing something on her phone.

"Morning darling." She chirped.

"Morning." I smiled as I turned on the kettle and got a mug out of one of the cupboards.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked.

"Urgh, no," I huffed, "I swear this kid's gonna be a football player or something because the only thing they seem to do is kick. All the time."

"Only a month left." Karen laughed.

I finished making my cup of tea and joined Karen at the breakfast bar.

"Where's Jess?" I asked.

"She's still asleep." Karen replied.

"Really? She's almost as bad as Nathan! He can sleep in until 2:30 in the afternoon." I said.

"Don't I know it. Before he moved out, he was never downstairs before 12." She said and I laughed.

"So, are you excited for tonight?" She asked me.

"Yes and also very nervous, it's just a shame you're  not going to this gig." I frowned.

"I know, but I'll be going to the other gigs with you." She smiled. "What time are you setting off because it's a 3 hour drive to Sheffield?"

"I'll probably set off at like 2 so I have about 3 hours to get ready." I replied.

"Well you should go get started!" Karen ushered me out of the kitchen, "You want to look good after not seeing Nathan for a week." 

I laughed and Karen kept ushering me to get ready. I went up to the bathroom and ran a bath. I got in and did the usual before getting out. I grabbed a towel from the cupboard, dried myself and made my way back to my room. I put on some clean underwear and headed over to my wardrobe to pick out an outfit. I was limited for clothing choice because there wasn't much that I could fit into. I ended up picking out a black, loose jumpsuit that would fit over my baby bump and still looked nice.