Chapter 8 - Studio Day

Amelia's P.O.V.

"Come on Nath!" Tom shouted as he walked out of the front door and towards the van.

"I'm almost ready!" Nathan shouted back. We were all sat waiting in the van which was taking us to the studio. I was sat with Jay on my left and an emty space for Nathan to sit on my right. Siva, Max and Tom were sat opposite me.

"Is he always late?" I asked.

"Always." Jay said, which made everyone chuckle, even me. I hadn't really talked to any of the boys that much since I'd got back but the times that I'd talked to Jay he always made me laugh. 

"It's about time!" Max said as Nathan got in the car causing everyone to laugh again.

I was kind of expecting the journey there to be abit awkward but it wasn't. It was actually hilarious. The boys were so childish and immature but in a funny way. They pretty much spent the thirty minute ride abusing each other, particularly Nathan and Jay. They were teasing Jay about the time when he apparentely fell on stage during a show called the x-factor I think it was called? And then they were mocking Natahan for this weird fly face thing he did which I thought was really cute.

We pulled up outside the studio and if I'm honest I was shitting myself. I looked out of the window to see tons of paparzzi and fans waiting for the boys. How the hell were we supposed to get through them?

"Love, are you okay?" Nathan asked, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"No." I replied, shaking.

"Don't worry, just keep hold of my hand and you'll be fine." He whispered in my ear, sending shivers through my body. His voice was so calming. I smiled and nodded at him.

"You ready?" Tom asked getting ready to open the door. Everyone nodded. He opened the door letting himself out first, closely followed by Max, Siva and Jay. Me and Nathan were last.

"Don't let go." He smiled as he took my hand. I smiled in return. He then got up to get out and I followed. We got out and he pushed through all the people. He ignored the paparazzi but stopped every now and then to take a quick picture with a fan. We made it inside where the rest of the boys were waiting. I looked down at my hand to see he was still holding my hand, just like he'd promised. He looked down too and realised.

"I'm sorry, I'll let go now if you want?" He said, loosening his grip.

"No." I said grabbing his hand. "I don't want you to." He looked at me and smiled making me blush. As he smiled he revealed his perfect teeth and his nose scrunched up. He was too cute.

We all began walking down the corridor to the boys studio. I was really hoping that I would remember the studio when we walked in but no memories came to mind. I looked around noticing two black, leather couches and the recording booth at the other side of the room. There was a table full of technical looking equipment which was used for editing and things. I then noticed another table which was full of writing pads, lyric sheets and a had a couple of laptops.

"You could spend hours just sat at that table writing." Nathan said as he pulled me over to the couch with him.

"Really?" I asked as we both sat down.

"Really. You wrote some of our biggest hits there." He smiled.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Like 'Lightning'." He replied.

"I don't remember it." I frowned.

"Well maybe if we played some of our songs to you it would help you remember." He suggested.

"That's actually a really good idea." Jay said getting up and walking over to the table to get a laptop. 

"Play 'Gold Forever'." Nathan said to Jay. "That was one of her favourites." He said as he turned to look at me, a smile appearing on his face. We all sat in a quite awkward silence waiting for Jay to play the song. He eventually started playing it. He handed me the laptop so I could watch the music video too. 

I watched the video closely hoping to remember. Anything would do. Even if it was just like one line of the song. The video got to Jay's part, where he walked into the tree. At that moment something sparked in my mind. I remembered something. I remembered being on set with the boys and laughing uncontrollably when he did that. I gasped and stood up.

"What's wrong?" Nathan asked getting up after me and placing his hand on my shoulder, turning me to face him.

"I remembered something." I murmmered under my breath.

"What?" He asked.

"I remembered something!" I shouted with excitement. I watched as his eyes filled with happiness and his facial expression changed too. He looked so happy.

"That's amazing!" He said picking me up and spinning me around. He then put me back down. I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"What did you remember?" Siva asked.

"I remember laughing at Jay on set when he banged his head on the tree." I smiled.

"Of course, you would remember my pain." Jay said pretending to be upset. We all just laughed. 

 I couldn't believe I actually remembered something. It might not have been something big or important but at least I was starting to remember. Hopefully I would soon start to remember more.

Nathan's P.O.V.

I was so happy. Amelia was starting to remember. Maybe this was the start of many memories soon to come flooding back to her. I noticed she couldn't stop smiling. I didn't blame her. I couldn't stop either. 

"Mate can I talk to you outside for a minute?" Max asked so nobody would hear.

"Sure." I said getting up and following him out of the door. "What's up?" I asked.

"You're gonna be screwed mate." He said.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Have you forgotten what happened on the night of the car crash and who's fault it was?" He said sounding serious.

"Oh shit, you're right. I completely forgot." I said.

"Well you better hope Amelia doesn't remember or you know she'll try to leave again." He said.

"You're right, we'll just try and help her remember the good things. Just don't bring anything up to do with that night and hopefully she won't remember ." I said to him. He nodded in agreement before going back into the studio leaving me outside alone.

I can't believe I forgot about that. How could I be so stupid? If she remembers what happened that night then I'm fucked.