Chapter 39 - He Hates Me

*** FRIDAY, 10th JANUARY***

Jay's P.O.V.

What the fuck was Nathan doing here? And more importantly, how the fuck did he find me?

"Are you going to let me in or just stand there with your mouth open?" Nathan raised his eyebrow.

Shit, I hadn't realised my mouth was open. I closed my mouth and stepped to the side to let him past so he could come in. I was having difficulty processing what was happening. My brain started thinking of all the possible reasons as to why he was here. Was he going to shout at me? Was it something to do with the band? Was he gonna try and fight me?

"Jay?" Nathan said as he waved his hand in front of my face. "Are you okay? You haven't said anything for the past 2 minutes, you've just kind of stood there... staring at me."

Nathan walked around my flat, inspecting and examining every crevice. Why?

"Nice flat, how long have you had this while still living at my place?" Nathan retorted as he walked into my living room and sat him self down on my couch.

I followed behind sheepishly as I sat on the arm chair, opposite the couch where Nathan was sat.

"Are you going to answer any of my questions or not?" Nathan challenged.

"What are you doing here?" I ignored his question.

"I came to talk." He replied.

"Talk about what? The fact that you hate me, that I'm the worst best friend in the world, the fact that I'm a fucking idiot? Which one, because they're all true." I responded.

"Look Jay, I'm mad at you, yes. There's no denying that. What you did was ridiculous and unfair. You tried to tear my family apart for your own selfish reasons. You used me and lied to me. You tried to take my pregnant girlfriend!" He raised his voice towards the end.

I just looked away. I knew if I looked in his eyes I would only feel guiltier.

"I'm sorry." I breathed. "I know sorry doesn't even partly cover what I did to you but I don't know what else I can say. I know you won't forgive me, I don't expect you to. I know you probably hate me. If I were you, I'd hate me to. Hell if I were you, I would've kicked the shit out of me by now!" I said.

"You're right." He stated. "I'm not going to forgive you, because what you did was unforgivable. BUT, we're in a band together and we have a world tour coming up. So you need to get your shit together, get over any feelings you have for my girlfriend and we need to look past this. For the fans. We can't be the reason the band falls apart, everyone will hate us. We need to act like adults about this. So we will act civil towards each other. I may be so fucking mad at you, but I'm not going to let you effect my job. So like I said, we will be civil. We will act like nothing happened. We won't tell the boys. We'll just forget it." He clarified.

"But just because we're forgetting about it, doesn't mean I'm not still incredibly pissed at you for it, and it doesn't mean I'm forgiving you. It means I care too much about the rest of the boys and the fanmily for you to fuck it up." He spat.

I was kind of expecting him to be pissed at me, but there was a tiny part of me that thought that maybe because we were like brothers, that he'd forgive me. I was obviously wrong. And that kinda hurt. A lot.

"O-Okay." I managed to stutter out.

We both stood and he began making his way towards the door to leave the flat, I followed. As we approached to door he stopped to turn around.

"And if you ever pull anything like this again, or even think of Amelia in any other way than just 'friends' I will not hesitate to twat you." He said.