To Fall in Love (Part 3)

"Apocalypse? Whatever the heck are you talking about, Erwin?" Levi laughed dryly, stuffing his gloved hands into his pockets. Erwin's face was dead serious,"You know what I mean, Levi." Honestly, the demon had no idea. He remained quiet. "Your feelings affect this world very much. At first it was just a simple winter which will pass soon, but your involvement with humans, especially with that girl, is turning snow into a blizzard. If this continues, a disaster is definite."

"And?"

"Death. You will cause the deaths of many with your love for a woman."

Levi looked at him with his default expression, but in his heart, a bud started to grow. One with uncertainty, guilt, pain. "Then tell me, Erwin, what do you suggest?"

"Stay away from the girl. Stay away from this world. Do not get involved with anything concerning humans. Then this storm will pass and all will be back to normal."

Levi stared at Erwin for the next few seconds before saying,"What makes you think that it will come true?" "It will come true." Erwin said immediately,"Can't you see what is going on!? Sooner or later this place could be torn apart!" His face got red from anger, and his breath evident with the white wisps of vapour coming from his breaths. "If only you told me earlier." And the raven-haired man disappeared into the shadows.

~*~

Levi pulled his thick jacket closer to his body. It was getting colder, especially the night when the sun doesn't shine. He started wearing earmuffs everytime he went out, and three layers of cloths underneath. Sometimes he even wore four layers!

It was two nights after the impromptu meeting with his old friend, and he was once again wandering around the almost-empty town, when he received a text.

From: [y/n]

There's this play about Hamlet starting tomorrow. Wanna go?

He hesitated, after what Erwin had said, but replied what he wanted.

To: [y/n]

Yeah sure. Just give me when and where.

Her reply came almost instantaneously, which was almost comedic. He closed his phone and started walking towards the square, where a fountain stood with no water at all. Then just nearby, he saw a notice.

~*~

"Well, I'm glad you're willing to buy this old and rundown place. It hasn't been running since the 80s, and no one wants to buy it! Nobody wants to break it down, just because it's a not enough strategic spot for tourists. Nowadays people want the beach or the mountains, not some street that doesn't have much..."

Levi continued to ignore the man who continued talking on and on, looking around the place that was once full of people. Yeah, he got disgusted by the huge wave of dust and cobwebs he was greeted with, but then, he had a reason.

"OK, Mr Dawk. Just give me the necessary papers for me to sign and I'll see to what needs to be done."

Money makes the world go 'round, after all.

~*~

Hamlet, a work by the famous Shakespeare, and also with that pinch of romance that was original. Again, [y/n] invited the four to join in. After the play ended, [y/n] excused herself for a while. Levi took the opportunity to talk privately to the quadrut.

"I'm planning a surprise for [y/n] and I'm hoping you guys can help me."

"Anything for her!"

And so Levi told of his plan.