Fate

Requested by @polgara6

Reader X Erwin

•••

"Don't talk to me like that! How could you!?" you yelled at your husband,"You're telling me that our son is going to grow up without a father!?" Levi sighed,"Look, I was commanded to join the army. You know I can't refuse." You shook your head,"Then what of our son!? He's only a baby!" He gritted his teeth, unsure of how to answer. "Please don't go..." you pleaded. "I'm sorry, [y/n]. Je t'aime."

How long did you stand there, holding your baby who looked so much like his father, after he walked out that door? He used to be in the army, but he had quit when he proposed to you. But another war loomed by, and he was recruited once again since he used to be called Humanity's Strongest. He's French, but he worked for the British since he grew up in London since he was a child.

But now, how could you raise your child when he's needed? The answer came a few days after he left.

You were looking at your sleeping son, humming a soft French tune when there was a knock on the door. You placed him in his wooden crib-which Levi made from scratch-and smoothed your dress before answering the door.

"Hi Erwin." you greeted. He smiled at you,"Hi [y/n]. I trust that Levi is here?" "He isn't." you responded immediately with disgust in your voice. "Is that so?" he said,"Can I come in?" "Make yourself at home." you stepped aside.

You went to the kitchen to get a cup of water. When you returned to him, he was looking at your son with a calming smile on his lips. You handed the cup of water to him and he thanked you. He took a sip before saying,"He really does look like his father..." You didn't say anything. "What's his name?" "Farlan."

He kept quiet, since that name had once belonged to one of Levi's closest friend in the army. Farlan Church. He died in the last battle that Levi was in before he had quit. Died saving an innocent that was in the battlefield. Nanaba Strauss. She now lived with Mike's family and Levi would sometimes visit her.

"Anyway, did Levi said when he'll be back?" he attempted a conversation. You shook your head,"He didn't. He didn't know how long this war will go on." "I'll be off then. See you, [y/n]." he said as he placed the glass cup on the coffee table. He excused himself.

You stroked the cheek of Farlan, sighing. All you could hope is that Levi will come back soon.

~*~

As young Farlan grew up, Erwin would come to your house 4 times a week, almost acting like a father figure to him. The young boy grew fond of his father's best friend. And it was a surprise when Farlan asked you one day,"Can I call Uncle Erwin Papa?" You had no idea how to respond to that.

It had been about 6 years since Levi left through that door when another came knocking on that door. You asked Erwin to watch over Farlan as you went to answer the door.

Two men with a solemn expression stood there, one of them holding a letter. "Mike? Hange?" you asked, your lips quivering. You knew Mike through Levi and Hange through his sister, Hanji. Mike gave the letter to you. As you took it you held one hand on your mouth, your eyes tearing up.

Hange spoke,"We are very sorry for your loss, Mrs Ackerman. Levi Ackerman had served well and he died in the battlefield for the country." "No..." you muttered. Mike said,"He died saving two of his comrades, Eren Jaeger and Moblit Berner. It is thanks to him we won the war." "Bring him back..." you said, holding the letter close to your chest.

Soon after they left and you were sitting on the couch, crying your heart out, the letter on the table. Erwin had read it and tried explaining to Farlan the death of his father, whom he had never seen.

The boy ran to you, his mother, and sat next to you, giving you a sideways hug,"So my real Daddy is gone?" It took a lot of willpower just to nod. "Can Papa Erwin be my Daddy?" Quite a shock that was given to you. Erwin spoke up,"I really love you [y/n]."

~*~

A few months it took for you to get over your grief. The blond man would still visit you and Farlan as usual. When you actually grew fond of his presence, and well, he proposed. Farlan was quite happy about that and kept pestering you to accept. You smiled at your son, since he looked so much like Levi, except he had the colour of your eyes.

"Yes."

~*~

When Farlan reached his teen years, he looked like Levi when you both first met. You cried when memories of him came to your mind. Erwin comforted you and suggested that something. You obliged, hoping it'll get your mind off things.

You found you were pregnant a few weeks later.

9 months later, you had a daughter named Isabel. But with the last name Smith. Named after Levi's first childhood lover.

Despite your house filled with mementos of Levi, you had learned to fully love Erwin. He was the one you were fated to be with for the rest of your life. A red string of fate, no?

~*~*~

A/N: F.I.N.A.L.L.Y! Complete! I finally did this request. Although it was kinda Reader X Levi at first eheh *nervous laughing*

Anyway, I hope it was enjoyable! I'll see you in the next chapter, no? Ciao!