Ghost

Male!Reader X Annie

•••

The last time I saw her was graduation. No, she wasn't wearing that stupid robe that gets really hot when you wear it too long. She was in her normal casual, fresh out of juvenile.

She never got to graduate high school; all because of a stupid fight she got into and pleaded guilty in order to cover for her friends.

I saw her when I went onstage to give my speech. I had a little trouble speaking, but I managed. The others brushed it off as being nervous, but hell I wasn't nervous.

Her eyes were still cold that seemed to pierce me. Her lips still had a thin line, with no smile.

But when I wanted to look for her after the whole thing was done, she was no longer there. No one saw her; as if she was a ghost.

~*~

The alarm blaring woke me from my sleep. I grunted, reaching out to slam on it, effectively turning off the annoying screams of the alarm clock. Only seconds later I cracked open a tired eye to look at the time; I screamed bloody murder. "Sh*t I'm gonna be late again!"

I jumped out of bed, almost tripping from the blankets and the messiness of my room. I quickly grabbed my usual attire out of the wooden wardrobe, and pulled my towel away from the nearby chair. I took a quick shower, not really bothering if there was any soap stuck around my ears.

I changed quickly, and with wet hair I stuffed my items into my messenger bag. I nearly forgot my car keys, which I left on the bedside table. When I exited my room, I saw my housemate casually sipping on a steaming cup of black coffee.

"Why didn't you wake me up!?" I asked, pulling on a pair of socks as I jumped on one foot towards the door. He replied with a tired tone,"I didn't know you have work this early. It's Saturday."

"Wait, it's Saturday?"

He nodded. I checked my phone, and true enough it was Saturday. On weekends I work only after lunch. I facepalmed, mentally scolding myself over how idiotic I was.

"Levi, get me another coffee." I said, flopping onto the couch as I threw my socks to the side, earning a glare from the other male. "Only if you clean that up." he said, not moving from his seat.

"Clean what up?"

"That." he pointed to my socks.

"Oh, that." I bent down to pick up my discarded socks and stood up to stuff it in my shoes. "You're disgusting." Levi commented.

"I'm fabulous. Now can you get me coffee?"

"... Fine."

He placed his cup on the coffee table and went straight to the kitchen, the sounds of the coffee machine following. We owned a small one, which was good enough for Levi's daily dose of black coffee. Also for my needed shot whenever I woke up at the wrong times.

Minutes later, a cup of coffee was placed in front of me.

"I added some sugar." Levi said, sitting next to me. I picked it up, savouring the warmth provided to my palms before drinking from the froth.

"You've gotten better, Levi." I complimented. He shrugged, finishing his own coffee. The rest of the hour was spent in silence, as was a preference of Levi. When it was an hour before my shift started, I said my goodbye to Levi and was out of the house.