Miracles (2)

Reader X Jean

Requested by [fudge I'm too darn lazy to backtrack and look for the comment]

Recommended to read Part 1 first

Part 2

•••

"Achoo!" Jean sneezed. It was early autumn, and the winds get colder by everyday. Different colours adorned the trees, creating a beautiful scenery before the start of winter.

He was holding a small bouquet of flowers, carnations this time, to replace the wilting flowers in her room. Well, hospital room.

He used to study with [y/n], but ever since she fell into comatose, he always sat alone. He walked to the hospital with the usual route. He passed by a crossroad, and he was washed by an old memory.

"How could you be so stupid! I told you to get strawberry, not vanilla!"

It was petty argument, which turned into sensitive matter.

"You never listen! For once can't you just remember to buy the right things!?"

"Well you're the forgetful one!"

If only he was looking. If only he saw the red light. If only he received [y/n]'s fate instead of her. They fought, just as always, but this time it reaped their carelessness. He survived with light injuries, but the one at the wheel received the bane of the accident.

Her chance of survival was low, but she managed. It was a miracle she survived. But living without hearing her voice made him lonely. He started drifting away. If not for Marco he would've been depressed. He needed a miracle that she'll wake up, although the doctors said otherwise.

He shook his head and continued his journey. He knew the way, the nurses recognised him. When he reached the room, it was the same as always. The curtains fluttering, the colourful get-well cards, and the blue roses that were wilting. He replaced the water, then the flowers. "I know how you love your blue roses, but there needs to be a little change." he said, knowing he would get no reply.

He sighed as he sat down on the chair that was there every single time. He didn't had much to say, except for,"I really miss you. Please... Wake up..."

He pressed his forehead onto the bed, letting the tears fall,"I... I shouldn't have argued with you... I'm so sorry... I called you an idiot... I'm the idiot... Why was I so stupid..."

He barely felt movement, and seconds later his hair was being ruffled,"You're... My... Idiot... Jean..."

He looked up to see [e/c] eyes looking at him with a soft but weak smile. "[y/n]! Y-You're awake!" "Of course idiot. You thought I was going to leave you with your idiocy?"

Jean stood up to hug her,"Then please... Don't ever leave me again..." His tears continued flowing, wetting her [h/c] hair that grew long over the months. [y/n] slowly raised one arm to embrace him,"I missed you too..."

~*~

A/N: well that was short.

... I'll continue on...

~*~

It wasn't long before she could be discharged from the hospital. Her friends were there to celebrate her finally getting fresh air, especially Jean. They pretty much wanted to spend the day with her but she said,"How 'bout next week? I'm gonna need some rest from sleeping so long!" "Well, okay! I'll be sure to book a karaoke room then!" Eren said. Sasha added that she would cook up a feast.

[y/n] smiled as her friends went on their own ways one by one, until Jean was left at her side. "[y/n], I'm sorry..." She smiled at him as she stood on her toes and gave a peck on his cheek,"Jean, it's okay. I'm okay." "I wasn't sure of that back then. I almost gave up praying for a miracle." he replied, his tone melancholic. [y/n] couldn't help but laugh softly,"And a miracle you have gotten."

She slipped her hand in his,"Let's go home, Jean." He nodded as he hugged her, his arms pulling her towards his body. Wind blew over them, a few dried leaves rolling across the granite floor at their feet, and time seemed to have slowed down.

[y/n] slowly hugged him back as she whispered,"I love you, Jean..." "And I love you too, my little miracle..."

Many nights we prayed,
With no proof anyone could hear.
In our hearts a hopeful song,
We barely understood.

Now we are not afraid,
Although we know there's much to fear.
We were moving mountains long,
Before we knew we could.

There can be miracles when you believe,
Though hope is frail,
It's hard to kill.

Who knows what miracles you can achieve,
When you believe.
Somehow you will,
You will when you believe.

~*~*~

A/N: this song is honestly beautiful... I'm considering to sing this song in multilanguage when I enter a competition this year (2016).

Anyway, see you in the next shot!