Matchmaker

Reader X Marco

•••

The freckled male sat in a food court, sipping his drink with a straw. He had already eaten. He was waiting. But waiting for what, exactly?

Let's go back to the previous week.

His friend, Jean told him that he needed a girlfriend. But Marco said,"I'm not ready for a relationship!" Jean scoffed,"Yes you are."

"But you're not dating... You know that Mikasa is well... Off-limits..."

"Shut up. I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about you."

In the end, Jean won.

He was set on a date, but with one problem. Who? Was it Christa? No, no, Ymir would be mad. Was it Armin? Jean somehow found out that Marco was biromantic, but Armin wasn't his type. Was it Mina? Nope.

Marco was busy thinking of ways to get back at Jean when he was snapped out of his daydreaming. The chair across him was pulled away from the table, and on it sat the girl he was not expecting at all.

"Hi, Marco." [y/n] smiled. Marco noted that her hair was particularly neat, and she was dressed in fancy clothes he usually deemed for dates. Yup, this was a date.

"H-Hi, [y/n]." he greeted back, his face becoming a little pinkish. Was it him, or was [y/n] looking more beautiful than usual?

"Jean told me about this. Just not who." she said, giggling awkwardly. She pushed back a stray strand behind her. Marco laughed awkardly as well. "Don't mind him. He didn't tell me, too."

They spent the few hours together talking, and Marco knew more about the girl who always kept to herself. He later offered to drive her home, but she denied. "I've parked my car at the basement, so I really need to get it. Maybe next time?"

Their next date happened a week later.

~*~

[y/n] looked through her handwritten list, crossing out names whenever she deemed the person unsuitable. Marco looked over her shoulder, silent except when pointing out a fact.

"Jeez, in the end is it that hard looking for someone? I swear Jean needs to lay off dating the wrong girls." [y/n] grumbled, pushing up her glasses. Marco shook his head and placed his hands on [y/n]'s shoulders. "Relax," he said. "Maybe she's not among our friends."

[y/n] seemed to think for a while before speaking up, "Is Jean gay?"

"Maybe. He does complain that none of the girls he dates makes him feel like there's something. He doesn't even feel like he should be having sex with them."

"Did he?" [y/n] turned her head to look at Marco with a curious look.

"Did he what?"

"Did he f*ck any girls?"

"Gosh, mind your language! But no, he hasn't. He has not even dated a guy before."

[y/n] returned to her list. "I don't see anyone worth shipping with him. Except you, but that was long ago."

"[y/n]!"

"I said that was long ago!"

~*~

Marco tapped Jean on the shoulder, who turned around with a can of soft drink in hand. "Did you wait for a long time?" Marco asked. Jean shrugged, "I just arrived, actually."

"That's good then. And by the way, [y/n] is bringing someone to introduce to us."

As if on cue, [y/n] appeared dragging someone who looked like her. She seemed very excited whereas the taller male seemed irritated. She stopped in front of Jean and Marco, beaming.

"Introducing, my twin brother, (Male Name [m/n])!" she said with a suspicious grin.

(A/N: were you expecting that? Hehe...)

Jean looked at the twins for a while, furrowing his eyebrows. "I didn't know you had a twin."

[m/n] sighed. "I've been studying overseas. I just came back for a week to visit my sis."

"Anyway!" [y/n] said loudly, and was holding Marco's arm. The couple stood some metres away from Jean and [m/n]. "Woah! How did you get there so fast!?" [m/n] said, surprised at his twin's speed.

"I'll be off with Marco, then! He promised me to watch a movie with me. See ya~" And they walked off. Once the couple were out of sight, [y/n] gave Marco a thumbs up.

"Mission accomplished!"

•••

A/N: I was thinking of all the ships involving Jean, and this idea came out. Ready for some yaoi?