Promise Me Forever

Requested by @oujou-sama

Reader X Jean

•••

"I do."

How long has it been since you both said those two words? How long has it been since you saw him? How long has it been since you've heard from him?

It's been 3 years since you got married with Jean. Before you became Mrs Kirstein, you were [y/n] Jaeger. Yes, Eren Jaeger your brother and the brunet had once forbid your relationship with Jean. But in the end he gave in, giving his consent for your wedding.

But there was one thing. Jean served in the military. And war had came. It's been a year and a half since he went away for war, and since that day you've received letters from him. But soon the letters ceased. You grew worried.

But you stayed strong for he had promised you he will come back. For you and his child. Yes, you had given birth to a son while he was gone. He had your [e/c] eyes and Jean's sandy brown hair.

"I promise you I will come back. Then I'll get to see my child."

"Promise me forever?"

"Forever."

Those words were the last you've exchanged with him, excluding your goodbyes. Eren was there for you when you cried. He was there to comfort you whenever the news about the war came on. He was there to keep your spirit strong.

He was almost like a father figure to your son, replacing Jean for the time being. When you were at work he would be there. As much as Jean was his enemy, he would say,"That was the past. The present is now."

Now you spent your days on the porch as your son slept on your lap, waiting for the sight of him.

Whenever you expected him to come, it would always be one of your friends who came to accompany you and sometimes play with your son.

How long since he was gone?

It's been about 2 years since the war started. The news promised it will end soon, since the enemy was rumoured to be retreating. All you wanted to know was whether Jean had survived and lived.

Your answer came one day, when there was a knock on the door. You opened it to see a man with a military cap covering his eyes, an almost solemn expression on his face.

When he raised his cap, you knew who it was. You jumped in joy and hugged him, exclaiming just one sentence,"You're back!!"

Jean smiled,"Didn't I? I kept my promise."

With tears in your eyes you asked,"And promise me forever you'll stay?"

"Forever I promise."

~*~

A/N: well I attended my Uncle's wedding and this request was still in the process of getting ideas. This came up! At first I wanted to do a wedding but this came out instead.

I hope you guys liked it! Now imma check mah comments to make sure I didn't missed out anything.

Ciao and see you in the next one shot!