Chapter 11

(Garroth)

I watched as Laurence looked through his closet.

We were done with our tour, so we got to go home for a break.

Laurence and I shared a house, mostly because being alone in a house seemed too lonely, and plus we save more money. Not that money's an issue.

Anyways, I leaned on the doorway and watched him look between a couple of shirts.

"So where are you heading to?" I finally spoke up.

Laurence jumped a little at my voice and turned.

"A date" he shrugged and held up a dark green button up, and a red plaid one, "which one?"

"Who are you going with? Katelyn?"

"Nope, Aphmau"

My shoulders tensed.

"A-Aphmau?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes, now which shirt?"

"Why would she go out with you?!" I asked, a little annoyed, "she hates us!"

"She hates you, now green or plaid?"

"What's so special about you?! When did you ask her?!"

"Today, now seriously which one?"

"You're not too amazing" I grumbled and slouched a little, "I don't care which shirt you choose"

"I didn't ask if you cared, I asked for your opinion"

"Dark green" I sighed and went into the living room.

I plopped onto the couch and lazily turned on the TV. Nothing good was on, so I was just clicking between three channels.

The doorbell rang and Laurence ran down the stairs. He was wearing just some black jeans and his button up green shirt. It wasn't even tucked.

He opened the door and Aphmau stood on the other side. I felt my breath escape my lips, but it didn't return.

"Aph, you look great" Laurence laughed, "be right back, gotta go grab my wallet"

She leaned on the doorframe and didn't look the least bit phased by me on the couch.

She was wearing a knee length black skirt, and a dark purple top, she also wore a black cardigan over her top, and of course her black converse.

Her hair was up in a simple half pony tail, and her bangs hung loosely, vaguely covering one eye.

"Stop staring creep" she growled at me. Laurence heard and smacked me upside the head as he passed me.

He met her at the door and smiled down at her.

"Ok, let's go"

She smiled up at him.

A smile...I've only seen that rare smile once, and it was at the party when she laughed at one of my lame jokes