Chapter 17

(Aphmau)

An obnoxious ringing sound filled my ears.

I opened my heavy eyelids to see my clock. It told me it was two in the morning. It told me it was too early to function. The one time I go to bed at a decent hour someone has to call me?!?

I grumbled a string of curse words as I grabbed my cellphone. I clicked answer without looking at who the caller was, and immediately barked bitterly at them.

"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU CALLING ME AT TWO IN THE MORNING FOR?!?"

"Shhh, tooooo looouuuud" a thick accent came through to my ear, but it didn't sound like the normal version.

"Garroth? Why are you calling me so late?"

"I need you Aphmau, I need you here, with me, please."

"Whatever problem you have, can't Laurence fix it?!"

"Laurence can't fix this problem, only you can"

I sighed and rubbed my eye

"Fine, I'll be there in ten minutes"

"Gooood"

I hung up and threw on a bra, and made sure I didn't look like a complete zombie.

I pulled up into the driveway and slowly walked up to the door. I knocked, and before I could knock a second time, Garroth swung open the door. I was hit with the aroma of liquor, and it wasn't rocket science. Garroth was drunk.

"Heeey" he slurred in a low tone, "come on in"

"Ok, what's this so called problem you called me about"

"I'm lonely" he whispered while moving closer.

"Uh..G-Garroth?"

"And I realised after the break up, I was never happy with Azura"

"G-Garroth?!"

"The whole time I was wishing it was you..."

"Garroth..." Suddenly my stutter was gone, and I could only whisper his name.

I was now pressed up against a wall, Garroth placed a hand beside my head and leaned his face close to mine.

"I don't want you to be with Laurence, it makes me upset to see you with him. I want you to be mine" his hoarse voice fabricated a sentence that seemed foreign to me, even though he was speaking English.

"Garroth...."

He leaned in closer, our noses touched and my eyes started to flutter shut.

"I love you Aphmau...."

And with that, a pair of drunk lips were placed over mine. It tasted horrible, but for some reason I didn't want it to stop. My lips connected so perfectly into his.

And then I realised the situation, and I pushed on his chest. Garroth reluctantly moved back.

"What's wrong?" He questioned, "don't you want to kiss me?"