Chapter 12

(Aphmau)

I knocked on the door of the address Laurence texted me. The house wasn't a huge mansion as I had expected, it was a modern home that looked large enough for three people.

Laurence said it'd be better if I picked him up instead of the other way around. He also said to look as good as I can without looking like I was trying to hard to get Garroths attention.

In my opinion this was all too much work over something so silly. Let him be with Blondie.

Laurence opened the door and he looked casual, and very handsome. He smiled at me and I genuinely smiled back at him.

"Hey Aph, let me go get my wallet"

I nodded while leaning on the doorframe. I glanced around to look at the house, and my eyes landed on Garroth. He was staring at me, and it was creepy.

"Stop staring creep" I bit at him. He snapped out of his trance and went back to the TV.

Laurence heard me yell at him, so he smacked Garroth upside the head as he passed by.

"Ok, ready?" He asked

"Yup" I answered

We walked out to the car and Laurence held my door open for me. He insisted on driving, so I allowed him to.

We got to the movie theatre, and, as I predicted, I saw cameras flashing at us. Before we left the car, Laurence told me to wait so he could get me.

When I came out, he gestured me to duck my head. We both kept our faces low, and shielded our eyes from the bright flashes.

We got into the theatre and I just noticed that Laurence had his arm around my shoulders.

"You ok?" He asked

"Aside from the temporary blindness, I'm peachy" I sighed while blinking to try and fix my eyesight. Laurence chuckled and took my hand into his.

It wasn't awkward, we both knew it was just for show.

Our fingers intertwined and the two of us got some food for the movie. We sat in the back, away from any people who might recognize him.

And we watched the movie in silence.

"That was good" I stated as people started to leave.

"Yeah it was, wanna go get some ice cream?"

"Always"

We got to a small ice cream parlor that I recognized. At the counter, Kawaii-Chan was talking to Michi. She spotted me and ran over, giving me a hug.

"Aph!" She squeeled. I laughed and hugged her back.

(I'm not making Kawaii-Chan talk in third person for this fanfic)

"Hey Kawaii-Chan" I pulled away but she still had hold of my arms

"Are you on a date?" She smirked and eyed Laurence, "and he's famous?"

"Yeah.." I shrugged, Kawaii-Chan smiled and gave us a table

"What can I get you guys?" She questioned.

"The usual" I wouldn't let Laurence order, because my usual wasn't on the menu and it was amazing and I get a best friend discount.

"So you come here a lot?" Laurence asked once Kawaii-Chan was out of earshot. I nodded while tucking a price of hair neatly behind my ear.

"Kawaii-Chan is one of my closest friends."

"And the usual is?"

"What I get every time I come here"

"I'm guessing she didn't fangirl over me because...?"

"She only fangirls over a couple things; anime, her ships, and cute guys"

"Hey! I'm cute!"

"You wish"

"Here you go, two hot fudge brownie cookie dough cinnamon sundaes" Michi set down the two large cups and then sat beside Laurence, "and I can show you a special time afterwards..." She purred but Laurence just awkwardly pushed her gently away.

"No thank you..."

Michi huffed and crossed her arms.

"Your lost"

And she left us alone.

After our ice cream, we went out to a field and started stargazing.

"So, I wanna know you better" Laurence said and glanced over at me. I kept my gaze on the stars and took a deep breath.

"Alright, well what do you wanna know?"

"Just about you, your past, your family...things like that" I tensed when he listed off family.

"I...I don't know my family, I just...woke up one day in an alleyway, not knowing where I was, who I was, or anything. The doctors said it was amnesia, so I gave myself a name. That's when my friend Donna found me, I had nowhere to go so she took me in. To this day I have no clue who my parents are, or if I even have them" I explained. Laurence listened to every word and then put a hand over mine.

"I understand, well kind of. I was an orphan, I didn't fit in with the other kids at the orphanage, until I met this girl. Her name was Cadenza, she was also an outcast. Not because she didn't fit in, just because she was shy. Then a man came in and adopted us. His name is Hayden, and I consider him my father, and Cadenza my sister" I could see the smile that formed, and the sparkle in his eyes was heartwarming.

"I would have never guessed you were an orphan"

"It's not something easy to spot" it fell silent, but the silence wasn't awkward. It was normal.

"I'd love to meet this Cadenza" I suddenly spoke up.

"The minute she finds out about you, she'll find a way to meet you, whether it be with my consent or not" he chuckled, which made me laugh.

"So since this whole relationship is...you know...fake, is there any girl you have your sights set on?" I asked so only he could here in case we were being watched.

"Well...there is this one girl. Buy I don't think I like her like that"

"Oh so you're confused?"

"I guess you could say that"

The two of us laughed and talked until Laurence saw the time.

"Oh crap! It's two in the morning! Let's go"

I nodded and drove him to his house. He said goodnight to me and went up to the door. I drove away with a small smile on my face.

Laurence is so....nice

He was open and honest, I genuinely had a good time. But I didn't feel anything when he held my hand. No sparks or funny feelings like you read in all those cheesy romance novels. But it also didn't feel wrong. Maybe there are some feeling there, not romantic feelings, but maybe like a strong friendship.

Whatever it is, it's not bad

A/N So that's their date. Sorry it was kind of lazy and crap, but writing the whole date would've been insanely long and tiring to write and boring to read. So I summed it up in a smaller version. I love you all devils. Byeeee