Chapter 14

(Aphmau)

I looked at Azura and she glared at me for half a second and then her face flashed into fake excitement.

"I'm so glad to meet you! Aphmau was it?" She asked, I nodded and smiled politely.

"Yes, and you're Assura?" I questioned innocently.

Garroth held back a chuckle and I heard a low growl erupt from her glossed lips.

"Actually it's pronounced Azura"

"Oh! My mistake! I'm so sorry"

"Think nothing of it"  she said through gritted teeth.

"Aphmau, it's nice to see you again" Garroth grinned and I fought an eye roll.

"If only I could say the same"

This time Laurence let out a small chuckle and placed a hand on my back.

"Let's sit down" he laughed and guided me to the spot under a tree. The guys set things up while Azura and I waited.

"So, you and Garroth know each other?" She questioned looking over at me.

"Yeah, kind of, we met each other in a grocery store, and then at a party" I answered simply. Azura nodded and looked at her nails.

"How'd you meet Laurence?"

"At the same party, and how'd you meet Garroth?"

"Oh, we've been together since high school"

Then why did that gossip video not realise he was already in a relationship?

"It's ready" Laurence said while placing his hands on his hips, "let's dig in"

We all sat down and I tried to ignore the immense awkwardness that covered our group like a blanket of snow.

"I need to use the washroom" I excused myself and started to get up

"I'll come with you" Azura insisted and we went to the washrooms. Azura was fixing her make up when I came out of the stall and started washing my hands.

"You guys really make such a cute couple" Azura sarcastically sighed, "it's a shame it'll never work"

"W-what?"

"Oh come on, you're not Laurence's type" she shrugged.

"And what exactly is his type?"

"He will flirt with anything with boobs, but his taste in girls is horrible. He likes girls who wear over excessive make up, and short skirts"

"So basically you?"

"Excuse me?!" She shrieked

"You heard me"

"Whatever, you're just jealous"

"Of what?!"

"Garroth and I" she sighed and started fixing her hair