Chapter 27

(Garroth)

I woke up, feeling tired. My stomach twisted and felt like a million pounds. My head was pounding.

I haven't been drinking, have I?

I tried to move but my stomach wouldn't let me. Everything hurt, and my mouth tasted disgusting.

I'm sick....

I don't know what gave this to me, but whatever it was, it was hitting me hard. I glanced in the mirror to see my face a pale green, and my hair a disheveled mess.

"Laaaurence!" I whined like a three year old. He was walking by my room and then backed up to glance in my open door.

"What"

"I'm siiiiiiiick" I complained and stared at the ceiling "heeeeelp"

"Uhh, I'm going to go hang with Katelyn today....er....oh! I'll call Aphmau an-"

"No!"

"Why not?"

"We....we haven't talked since she kissed my cheek. I don't wanna bother her..."

"Dude, she'd love to take care of you"

"Just....don't bother her...I am a grown man I can take care of mysel- owwww" I tried sitting up but it felt like a million knives.

"I'm calling her, there's something seriously wrong with you"

I plopped back into my bed and groaned.

"Hello? Hey Aphmau, so Garroths in a really bad state right now. Yeah....no I don't think so.....cause I'm hanging out with Katelyn today and I don't wanna cancel on her again....okay, thanks. You're the best. Seeya"

Laurence hung up and leaned on the doorframe. A smirk plastered on his face.

"Laurence?" Aphmau's angelic voice called, "I'm here and came as fast as I could"

"He's in his room!" Laurence yelled back and walked away.

Aphmau appeared in the doorway and smile sadly at me.

"Hey sicky" she kneeled by my bedside and felt my forehead, "oh wow. You're burning up, intensely"

She placed her hand on my cheek and gave me a sympathetic look.

"I'll go get some medicine, and a bucket in case you throw up" she left for a little while and then came back with a bucket filled with things. She set a glass of water and a couple pills on my nightstand, she pulled out a cloth and went into my bathroom, applying water on it. She placed the soothingly cold cloth on my overheated forehead.

"You shouldn't have come, I can take care of myself"

"I fail to believe that" she laughed to herself, "you can barely sit up, let alone run somewheres for something if needed."

She took the cloth and wiped some sweat that ran down my forehead, and wiped my cheeks. I took her hand in mine, stopping her from her action.

"Aphmau, I don't want you getting sick"

Aphmau sat on the edge of the bed and took her hand out of mine, returning to her objective.

"Garroth, Laurence called telling me you're in a bad state, you need someone to look after you. I'll be fine don't worry about me" she set the cloth on my forehead and helped me sit up. She handed me the medicine and glass of water. "Besides, we haven't talked in two weeks. I was getting worried"

Two weeks....

I'd been avoiding her, the awkward dinner and then a kiss that made me giddy. I didn't want her to think I was suffocating her.

"Oh right..."

"Why have you been avoiding me? Did I do something wrong? Was it the kiss? If so, I'm SO sorry! I just thought that's what you wanted and-"

"Aphmau, you didn't do anything wrong, don't worry. I just didn't want to bother you"

"So you flat out ignored all my calls and texts for two weeks?"

I kept silent, feeling ashamed.

"I....I'm sorry"

"Don't be" she whispered

(Aphmau)

I removed his comforter to change it, and saw he was only wearing boxers.

His chiseled abs and chest taunting me.

I shook all thoughts out of my head and went out of the room. After tons of searching, I found a laundry room. I put his comforter into the washing machine and pulled a brand new blanket from the folded pile.

I returned to his bedroom and put the blanket over him.

"There, now you have a fresh comforter"

"Thanks"

I grabbed the TV remote and turned on Age Of Ultron, sitting on the couch in Garroths room watching the screen like a hawk.

Halfway through the movie...

"Garroth! Did you see tha-" I stopped myself when I saw he was fast asleep. I turned down the volume on the TB and walked over to him. I removed the cloth from Garroths head and went to replace it. When I placed the new cold cloth on his forehead, I took time to memorize his face. The sharp jawline and high cheek bones created an angelic face. He had a five o'clock shadow, looking perfect.

He shifted in his sleep and I darted away. Hoping he wouldn't wake and see me.

Thankfully, he didn't wake up. And I finished the movie, but I was distracted by Garroths sleeping body

He's perfect, even in his sickly sleep.

It didn't make sense how someone can look that good when you're that sick, it's....inhuman.

My face blossomed into a blush from my thoughts.

Aphmau, don't. Don't develop these feelings again. Last time it left you hurt, heartbroken. You can't fall for anyone again, it'll end horribly just like Aaron. Stop! Ignore the stupid butterflies, forget the beating of your heart that speeds every time you see him, forget the beat your stupid heart skips when he smiles at you. Pay no attention to the force that pulls you towards him. Ignore the way you feel when he says your name.

Don't fall for him.

A/N So der we goes. Another chapter from yours truly, I'm watching Netflix while writing because I can't really do anything without background noise. Crap I gotta study for a biology test....meh I'll do that later. I love you all devils, byeeee.
*unedited