Chapter 26

(Aphmau)

I entered the house, my feet silent even in their heels.

"Okay, our guest is here!" Zianna chirped. We rounded the corner and as I did, I felt all eyes on me.

I looked up out of curiosity and saw the different expressions. Garte had a soft smile, but wasn't all too impressed with my looks. Which wasn't a bad thing, he looked at me like I was a pleasant young woman.

Zane looked bored, yet a little bit curious. A sly smirk plastered on his face after a little while.

Vylad was grinning and looked eager to meet me. He could've met me at the jail, but he was busy bombarding Garroth and Dante with questions.

And finally my gaze landed on Garroth.

His jaw was dropped.

He looked me over and his eyes landed on mine. I felt sheepish under his gaze and instinctively looked towards the ground, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

After a few moments of silence, Garte spoke up.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Miss Lorde"

I smiled politely

"Please, call me Aphmau. And it's a pleasure to meet you too Mr. Ro'Meave"

"Garte's fine"

I nodded and the two sons came up to me.

"Hi! I'm Vylad and this is my brother Zane. It's so nice to meet you!"

I shook their hands and we got introductions aside.

The room filled with laughter and conversation, and I felt a little out of place and awkward. Suddenly I felt my hands being covered by another pair of hands.

I looked to see Garroth smiling sincerely, his eyes sparkling with life and something else I couldn't quite identify.

"You look....beautiful" his voice was barely above a whisper. It was low and husky, "no, beautiful isn't the right word to describe it..." My face was on fire.

"Thanks, you look very handsome"

Our fingers intertwined and our foreheads touched.

"We will make his jaw drop, his eyes sparkle, he's gonna blush, and become flustered! It'll be amazing! And it'll all end, with a kiss!"

Zianna's words echoed through my mind. I quickly backed away and unlocked my hands from his.

"S-so uh...I feel out of place"

The air between us became awkward, and his face blossomed into a deep red blush.

"O-oh uh...c-come over here" he guided me to the table and pulled my chair out for me. He was being an absolute gentleman.

"So Aphmau, Garroth tells me you work on the internet?" Garte questioned with a polite smile.

"Uh yes, I create videos for entertainment"