Chapter 37

(Aphmau)

"At a supermarket?"

"Yup, so, it was three in the morning-"

"Woah, why were you-"

"Let me tell my story!"

"Alright"

"Anyways, I saw this guy staring at me. I called him a creep and he went to pay for his stuff. The cashier freaked out and apparently he was famous-"

"Who was it?"

"I'm not there yet"

"Okay, okay"

"So, later on I was dragged to a party with one of my friends, at the party the guy was there. He was also dragged by his friends, and he recognized me. He saw I was alone, so he brought me out back and we talked. My friend came out and started to freak out, letting me know it was Garroth Ro'Meave-"

"Garroth Ro'Meave?! At least you didn't do anything embarrassing or dumb!"

"I slapped him for calling my friend a slut"

Kenmur started laughing and I playfully punched his shoulder.

"Anyways, my friend left the party with a guy so I was left alone in the city late at night. No way to get home. So Garroth offered me a drive, I reluctantly agreed-"

"Reluctantly?! He's famous, and you reluctantly agreed?"

"Well yeah! He was still a stranger!"

"You're insane"

"Anyways we didn't see each other for awhile, until at a pizza place. He talked to me and I was bitter towards him. So when I got home, Laurence Zvhal was there. He broke in, and told me he needed my help. He wanted me to fake date him so Garroth would get jealous and break up with his terrible girlfriend, I reluctantly agreed and we went on fake dates and stuff. Eventually, Garroth's girlfriend cheated on him and Laurence and I could break up. He got drunk one night and called me, saying he had a problem. I went and he kissed me and said he loved me-"

"The Garroth Ro'Meave said he loved you?!"

"Yup, please shut up. I took care of his drunk butt, and then later I went home. When I got home, me ex was there, he eventually left, but him coming brought back emotions that I hadn't wanted. I called Garroth and I just listened to his voice as I fell asleep. The next day, he came over and helped me relax and what not. When he got arrested and put into a holding cell, I met his mother. I went to his house for dinner and....I think that's the night I realised I had fallen for him..."

"You wouldn't be the first"

"Yeah but...I never thought it would happen to me. Anyways, I can't go home because he's now engaged so...I can never face him again"

"So...you plan on living in a motel for the rest of your life?"

"I don't know what I'll plan to do"  I sighed and leaned against the window. It was already night, and we were stuck in traffic.

"I think you should move on from Ro'Meave"

"Why do you say that?"

"Cause, famous people have messy lives. Paparazzi and reporters nit-picking every little thing, it's too much"

"I guess you're right..." I whispered. If almost on que, my phone stated ringing with Garroth's ringtone.

"Hello?" I answered

"Hey, Aphmau"

"Hey, Garroth"

Kenmur glanced back with a gaze of amusement

"Whats up?"

"Stuck in traffic"

"Oh? Are you on the way to the airport?"

"No....I'm gonna stay in Fa- ScalesWind for a little while longer"

"Oh...alright, when do you plan on being home?"

"I don't know yet"

"Well...at least be back for my wedding?"

Ouch, that stung

"I plan to" my voice became broken.

"Is something wrong?"

"N-no, not at all"

"Alright, oh, I gotta go now. Bye Aphmau"

"Bye..."

I hung up and placed the phone in the leather seat beside me.

(Laurence)

I sat on the couch with Zoey and Garroth.

"Garroth, I say go after her! You heard her voice, something was obviously wrong!" Zoey pleaded.

We had just listened to Garroth speaking to Aphmau. It was heartbreaking, a distant yearning in her voice was overcome by the walls and distance she kept in her words. I brought a pillow to my face and bit on it, trying to keep my big mouth shut.

"Laurence, how do you think Aphmau feels?" Garroth and Zoey have been discussing this for awhile now, and I tried to stay out of it.

What could I say that wouldn't give away what Aphmau told me? I promised not to tell.

"Well...I think...that she has feelings but is afraid to admit them"

"He knows something we don't!" Garroth accused.

Dang it! Garroth shut up

"How do you know?" Zoey asked

"He always taps his feet like that when he's hiding something"

My feet were unconsciously tapping quickly. I stopped them once they were pointed out, and I put the pillow back up against my mouth.

"What is it, Laurence?" Zoey questioned.

"It's nothing" I made sure my feet were still.

"Are you sure?" Garroth pestered, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Positive" I mumbled

Garroth and Zoey continued talking as I slipped out my phone. Aphmau hasn't answered my texts.

Why can't she just tell him? It would make my life so much easier. Don't get me wrong, I love Zoey, she's a sweet girl. But Garroth doesn't love her, he loves Aphmau.

Don't stop fighting, Garroth. Keep trying, keep pushing. You can't give up.

A/N WHAT, IM POSTING ON THE RIGHT DAYS?! UNBELIEVABLE! SO Aphmau told Kenmur everything, will this backfire later? Maybe.....maybe not. I love you all devils, byeeee.