Chapter 13

(Garroth)

I slowly opened my eyes. They were only open enough so that I could see without blurring my vision. My whole body was tired, and it was the part of waking up where I feel completely unable to move.

I willed my arms to move so I could rub my face. I took in a deep breath and stretched my shoulders.

After getting my upper body to move, I sat up and swung my legs over the side of my bed. The loud chirps of birds filled my ears as I stood up from my bed.

My phone dinged.

Come on, I just woke up, and I don't need to be on my phone! But I have to answer it, it could be Chad....or Azura...

With a loud sigh I opened my phone.

It wasn't a text from Azura.

It was eight texts from Azura.

A: Hey babe

A: Good morning

A: ❤

A: u Awake?

A: Have a good sleep?

A: What's taking so long?

A: I miss u

A: I love u, can't wait to see u today

I groaned and typed back

G: I'm awake now, and yes I had a good sleep. I slept in because I was exhausted, now I gtg seeya later

I threw my phone on my bed and went downstairs for breakfast.

My bare footsteps echoed in the kitchen as each step padded against the cold morning tile. I opened the heavy door of the fridge and grabbed the plated leftover pizza. I microwaved it and just sat at the breakfast bar while eating.

"Morning" Laurence yawned while grabbing a box of cereal. I acknowledged his presence and continued eating. I wasn't one for talking early in mornings so the silence wasn't anything new.

"Any plans today?" Laurence sat in front of me. I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Azura and I have a picnic date today" I answered, my voice was hoarse and raw from the morning

"Ugh"

"What?" I asked

"I still think you should be with someone besides Azura. She cheated on you three times"

"Laurence, she's changed! Don't you believe in second chances?"

"Yes, I do, but not fourth chances!" He yelled while slamming his hands on the counter.

"Whatever, you weren't there. You didn't see the sincerity in her eyes"

"Whatever, I'll just have Aph hang out with me today"