Chapter 39

(Aphmau)

I woke up, my head on Aaron's bare chest.

I felt hollow again, like when Garroth said he didn't love me.

Garroth....

The name brought more tears to pool in my glazed over eyes.

I felt Aaron move, and he woke up.

"Morning" he yawned

"Morning..." I responded barely above a whisper.

"So....are we gonna talk about it?"

I shook my head and got up, grabbing my clothes and going to have a shower.

After my shower, I sat on the couch and turned on my phone for the first time in a week.

It was flooded with text messages upon missed calls.

The most missed calls and texts were from Garroth. I decided to read his texts.

G: Hey

G: yo

G: What's up?

G: Aph?

G: Where are you??

G: Come on, it's been three days, you never take this long to respond, is something wrong?

G: Aphmau, I'm worried.

G: Five days later...no sign of you from anyone. What's going on???

G: Aphmau, it's been a week now! What's going on?! Where are you?? I know you're not in ScalesWind, cause Donna told me it wasn't in ScalesWind, why did you lie?

G: Aphmau....please....answer

I bit my lip.

He knows something is up, but he doesn't know what. And I'd worry him more the longer I'd take...

A: Hey...

I slowly typed

(Garroth)

My phone dinged, waking me up. I slowly opened my heavy eyelids and tried to read the blurry name

Aphmau❤

I bolted up right in my bed and wiped my eyes, making sure I saw it right. I unlocked my phone.

A: Hey....

G: Hi! Where are you? Why haven't you been answering? What's going on? Are you okay?

A: I'm not in ScalesWind...I lied because....you wouldn't like where I am...

I thought for a little while, and then it clicked.

G: ....You're in FalconClaw....aren't you....?

A: Yes....

I punched my mattress, gritting my teeth.

G: Aphmau...you don't have to lie to me, I have no right to hold you back from places.

A: I know...

G: Onto the next question, why haven't you been answering?

A: My phone got wet, and I had it resting in a bag of rice.

A huge wave of relief washed over me. At least she wasn't avoiding us.

G: Okay, are you okay?

A: About what?

G: Everything

A: That's specific, I'm alright. A little shaken up from finding out you were engaged, but I'm fine.

G: Why aren't you coming home yet?

A: I missed my plane and the next one doesn't go back for awhile.

G: Can I hear your voice?

A: Sure...

My phone started ringing and I picked it up immediately.

"Hello??"

"Hi..."

"You have no clue how I missed your voice!"

"Really?"

"You sound weird, like you've been crying, is everything alright?"

"Yeah, just....tired"

"Glad you're talking" I heard a male voice in the background, I gripped the phone and my muscles tensed.

"Who's that?" I questioned, trying not to sound jealous.

"Um....A-Aaron....."

"Aaron? The Aaron who broke your heart?! The Aaron who made you cry uncontrollably for hours, THE ONE WHO WANTED YOU BACK FOUR YEARS LATER?! THAT AARON?!"

"....y-yes..." her voice was small, and frail.

"What are you doing with him"

"I needed a place to st-"

I hung up.

I shoved my phone into my back pocket, told Laurence I was leaving, grabbed my wallet and jumped in my car.

There is no way in hell she's staying with that bastard

I started my car and started to drive.

Every mile I passed, every minute that ticked, every second that I was in that car I planned exactly what I was going to do to that dick.

First, I would find out his address. Then I would punch his stupid face, and then I'd take Aphmau back to Phoenix Drop with me. I'd tell my dad to fuck off and then I would marry Aphmau, and live happily ever after.
I smirked.

Yeah...that sounds like the perfect plan.

A/N So....Garroth swore a little bit. I'll allow it, just this once. What can I say, I can't control that little bugger.

Garroth: IMMA KILL HIM!!

Me: Garroth, relax, not till next chapter. Plus, he's on the other side of the country, you'll have to wait a couple of days...

Garroth: Shut up, Hope

Me: EXCUSE ME?! DID YOU JUST TELL THE PERSON WHO CONTROLS YOUR FATE TO SHUT UP?!

Garroth: N-no....

Me: That's what I thought.

Anyways, I love you all devils. Byeee.