Chapter 28

(Garroth)

The sickness was over, and now a week later Aphmau and I were watching a movie in my living room. Like two friends.

Friends....

Just....friends...

Gosh darn it! Why are we just friends?! Why can't we just move on to the next level?!

"Garroth?"

"What?" Well that came out more bitter than I intended...

"You okay?"

"I'm fine" I grumbled.

"Really?"

"Yes! What makes you think otherwise?" I bit out.

Geez, calm down Garroth

"Well first off you're gripping that pillow like it kicked your puppy, and you're a little tense. Not to mention your tone..."

"THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH MY TONE!" I stood up and yelled.

"And now you're yelling"

"I'M NOT-" I cleared my throat, "I'm not yelling"

"Seriously what's wrong?" She reached for my shoulder but I pulled away.

"It's just...u-uh YOU'RE HOGGING ALL THE POPCORN"

"Excuse me?"

"YOU HEARD ME YOURE HOGGING ALL THE POPCORN"

"Garroth if you wanted some popcorn you could've just asked for some!"

"Yeah right, the way you were stuffing it in your face!"

"EXCUSE ME?!"

"YEAH! I WANT SOME POPCORN"

"THEN HERE!" She dumped the bucket onto my head, "HAVE ALL THE POPCORN YOU WANT"

"OH REAL MATURE APHMAU!"

"YOU'RE THE ONE FREAKING OUT ABOUT POPCORN!"

"MAYBE I WANT MORE THAN POPCORN"

"IT'S YOUR HOUSE!"

"WHAT IF I WANTED SOMETHING THAT DIDN'T LIVE IN THIS HOUSE!"

Aphmau stared at me with a confused look.

"Gar-"

"AND DON'T THINK ITS YOU! BECAUSE ITS NOT LIKE I WANT YOU, WHEN I SAID I LOVED YOU IT DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING CAUSE I WAS DRUNK!"

And before I could stop them, the words escaped my lips. Aphmau looked down and her breathing became uneven. She looked up, tears pooling in her eyes.

"Good cause I don't love you either" her unwavering voice whispered. She pushed past me and left, slamming the door behind her as she did so.