Chapter 18

(Garroth)

I opened my eyes ever so slightly and turned to see Aphmau fast asleep. I smiled at her and sat up. Sunlight pierced my eyes causing my head to pound.

Ugh, what time is it?

I glanced at my clock that read 12:00am.

Is that why I'm so hungry? Beside my clock was a plastic container with a note on top.

If you're reading this I'm either gone or still asleep. I made some lunch, it's nothing too spectacular, just some pizza I found in the fridge. Sorry if it's cold

~Aph

I grinned at the gesture. I ate the cold pizza and laid back down. Aphmau was still fast asleep.

I needed to use the bathroom, but as I was getting out of bed my foot got caught in the sheets and I hit the floor with a huge thud.

The sound of small giggles made me forget the searing pain in my side for a second.

Aphmau popped her head from the side of the bed, a grin placed on her face.

"What a way to wake someone up" she mumbled in a raw voice. She breathed in and glanced at the clock, "ugh, it's so late" she groaned and collapsed back on the bed.

I chuckled and stood up.

"Go home"

"What?"

"You looked after me all night, and so far all day. Go home, I'll be fine"

She sighed and finally nodded.

"Fine, but if you need anything just call"

"Ok, oh and uh....d-did I say anything while I was drunk?"

"Uh...nothing shocking" she reassured and then headed towards the door, "seeya"

(Aphmau)

I walked to my car and drove home in silence.

As I pulled up into the driveway, a man was sitting on my doorstep.

I stepped out and tried to recognize the person. He looked up and his eyes pierced my own. His black hair sitting on his head, only moving slightly with the gentle breeze that danced in the air.

It....can't be....can it?

"Aphmau?" His voice was deep, and attractive. He walked up to me and gently cupped my face with one hand, "it's me...Aaron"

I backed away from his hand and ran into my house. Leaning on the door behind me. I reached up and felt my cheek where he touched.

Tears?

Sure enough, salty tears were traveling down my cheek. I got dressed and dried my tears. I hesitantly opened the door and Aaron was leaning on the railing.

"We need to talk"

I drew in a slow breath and nodded, allowing him in.